How many games does Dominik Shine get suspended after last nights "incident"?

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Last night during the 1st period Grand Rapid's Dominik Shine took something to the face at center ice (puck or stick)...he went down and was hunched over and struggled to get back to the bench...the play was never stopped and he finally got off the ice. The bench was going crazy and officials finally stopped play...as they "huddled" to discuss whatever, also have to note that the Wolves had control of the puck as the play moved forward. The camera and the jumbotron found Shine on the bench to which he looked up and gave the camera and fans the middle finger.
How many games will the AHL suspend him? FYI Shine also wears an A for Grand Rapids...does he keep it?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Your team's goalie received a 2-game suspension for a double-bird gesture during happy times last June. So I reckon Shine's response to less celebratory conditions gets 1 game max.

Last edited:

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Your team's goalie received a 2-game suspension for a double-bird gesture during happy times last June. So I reckon Shine's response to less celebratory conditions gets 1 game max.
Alex Lyon's response to hecklers was to my knowledge not broadcast to not only the fans in the arena but to the people watching the game on tv( not sure if in tv timeout or not during Shine tantrum) also. Add to that the fact shine wasn't being heckled at all and only drew a reaction from fans after he flipped the camera off on the jumbotron. Another factor is that the AHL set a precedence last june when they hit Lyon with 2 games....anything less for Shine will not go over very well and could send a bad message to both fans and teams.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Alex Lyon's response to hecklers was to my knowledge not broadcast to not only the fans in the arena but to the people watching the game on tv( not sure if in tv timeout or not during Shine tantrum) also. Add to that the fact shine wasn't being heckled at all and only drew a reaction from fans after he flipped the camera off on the jumbotron. Another factor is that the AHL set a precedence last june when they hit Lyon with 2 games....anything less for Shine will not go over very well and could send a bad message to both fans and teams.
The structure of your first sentence was tough to follow, but I'll guess from your remaining comments that you are basing your comparison of the two incidents on their real-time exposure to public view. So while I agree that the League must consider their own reputation as well as the behavior of the offenders, my opinion takes into account the physical AND mental state of Dominik Shine who had moments earlier suffered what seemed to be a serious trauma to his face. If I was on the League's player discipline committee - a position of authority which your first post essentially asked HFB members to assume - I'd be recommending a one-game suspension (to cover the reputation aspect, with the two-gamer for Alex Lyon's setting the bar as a more publicly acknowledged faux pas) plus a fine stiff enough to get the attention of Shine AND the rest of the League's players who may be inclined to react unkindly to the video board. The latter would be subject to CBA stipulations, but I still don't see Shine's reaction to the arena camera spot equating to Lyon's disrespect during a high profile League championship celly. And as for your suggestion that the former reaction deserved stripping the player of his Alternate Captaincy ... REALLY?! Be a REAL hockey fan here, and leave the homerisms for gameday.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
The structure of your first sentence was tough to follow, but I'll guess from your remaining comments that you are basing your comparison of the two incidents on their real-time exposure to public view. So while I agree that the League must consider their own reputation as well as the behavior of the offenders, my opinion takes into account the physical AND mental state of Dominik Shine who had moments earlier suffered what seemed to be a serious trauma to his face. If I was on the League's player discipline committee - a position of authority which your first post essentially asked HFB members to assume - I'd be recommending a one-game suspension (to cover the reputation aspect, with the two-gamer for Alex Lyon's setting the bar as a more publicly acknowledged faux pas) plus a fine stiff enough to get the attention of Shine AND the rest of the League's players who may be inclined to react unkindly to the video board. The latter would be subject to CBA stipulations, but I still don't see Shine's reaction to the arena camera spot equating to Lyon's disrespect during a high profile League championship celly. And as for your suggestion that the former reaction deserved stripping the player of his Alternate Captaincy ... REALLY?! Be a REAL hockey fan here, and leave the homerisms for gameday.
Homerisms?!?!?! Really...my comment is based strictly on the actual thing YOU brought up...the reputation of the team he plays for...on a sunday afternoon with over 9,000 people in the seat and a lot of them kids....he took it upon himself to flip off a camera that was showing him on the jumbotron. If he is not intelligent enough to know that is wrong, then he isn't intelligent enough to be wearing an A on his sweater anymore because I wouldn't want him leading my team. So now based on your comments you find it borderline ok to flip off the camera because you have an injury is that it? So from now on it is ok for anyone who has taken a puck or stick to the face and or has gotten hurt on a check or rut in the ice to then flip off the camera showing on the jumbotron because they have been injured and no one should be allowed to see them while they are injured. Got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad