How many games do we win in round 1? (if there is a round 1)

How many games do we win in round 1? (if there is a round 1)

• Total voters

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
If we get our full lineup healthy, I can see us cause a surprise, but I know the chances are thin. We would need Price playing like last year play-in

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
Byron -KK-Anderson
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry
Caufield: X factor

edmondson-Petry
Kulak-Weber
Romanov-Chariot

Price

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If we get our full lineup healthy, I can see us cause a surprise, but I know the chances are thin. We would need Price playing like last year play-in

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
Byron -KK-Anderson
Lehkonen-Evans-Perry
Caufield: X factor

edmondson-Petry
Kulak-Weber
Romanov-Chariot

Price
Goaltending might be our only savior.................sad that this is the case though.
Last year, it was Crosby and the Pens who were hesitant to play the Habs....not sure what leaf fans think this year....they have alot of weapons, and we really need everything to go right.
That being said, I think Anderson will be huge for us....hopefully we can get him with the right centre.

Reactions: CAUFIELD

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Dom said yesterday, they will all be back for da playoff...

Then I think we can give any team a run in a 7 game series, except Calgary or the Sens.. we are a bad matchup if that was the case. Toronto hasn't faced any adversity, Campbell has been terrific but no experience. Our depth down the middle will be an issue because we can't win faceoffs, but our speed will back any team up.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Why isn't there an "I don't care" option?

Same here. It was always going to be yet another transition year, hopefully the last one. They didn't can Bergevin in 2018, they won't can him now. Fans would have gone nuts during some of the home games this year too.

Next year = post-expansion, post-UFA crop (unsigned for now). A lot more clarity & stability for the rest of Price and Weber's years.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Assuming Price/Gallagher/Weber/Danault are back - and it sounds like they're all day to day, and if I had to guess that means they'll play for playoffs.

Honestly - Price has been lights out in playoffs in recent years, and last year was spectacular. Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. I know he really wants to win - I say he gets his shit together and helps us win 2 rounds and win division this year.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Jeeze, just for a laugh I voted 4 games thinking I would be the only one and I see that it's the second highest choice.

Price was fantastic in playoffs last year and it sounds like he'll be back for playoffs (and rested).
Toronto have a history of shitting the bed in playoffs

Even if you don't like this team/don't believe in them - I don't think it's exactly a high bar to think we can win round 1. It's not like we're playing Tampa or Boston.

We're certainly not the favorites against Toronto - but I think we'll be in it.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
With a full healthy lineup we'll win Game 3 of the series. If we're not fully healthy, likely 0 wins.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Price playing god-mode like last year's playoff run might get us a couple of wins. If he's average or playing at the level he's played most of this season, we will be lucky to win one game.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's so hard to say. They are capable of 4, but it could easily be zero as well considering how they are limping into the playoffs.

It feels alot like 08/09 but hopefully I'm wrong.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Then I think we can give any team a run in a 7 game series, except Calgary or the Sens.. we are a bad matchup if that was the case. Toronto hasn't faced any adversity, Campbell has been terrific but no experience. Our depth down the middle will be an issue because we can't win faceoffs, but our speed will back any team up.

For any success, it's mandatory that the core peices in the bubble shine once again. If that happens, they will be even more dangerous than last year where they knocked off the pens, because their accessories are much better this year.

That means Price, Suzuki, and KK will have to be stellar, but only Suzuki is coming into the playoffs looking good.

You can only hope that the few days of recharge can rejuvenate the team's energy level, and that the injured guys are actually ready to come back, and are able to compete in playoff mode right out of the gate.

The first logical step is to rest as many guys as you can next game, and put this this 25 games in 43 days stretch behind you.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If the habs are healthy I think they could sweep the Oilers.

for the leafs, they probably can take them to 6 games.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If the habs are healthy I think they could sweep the Oilers.

for the leafs, they probably can take them to 6 games.

I do angry that it's possible we could win if we're healthy and rested.

But concussions are strange. We don't know if Price or Danault will be back. We don't know what injury Weber has. We just know he's been playing horribly with it.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
We'll get at least one bone headed penalty. We'll get at least one weak call from refs, per game.

Every other game we allow first goal on first shot in first 10 seconds.

So that's an automatic 2-0 before the game even starts, maybe 3.

Good luck

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
They can fluke out and win 1 but I don’t see it . I voted 0.

not buying that this is a team “built for the playoffs” , they are a poorly built team who is bad. If the divisions were proper they wouldn’t have sniffed the playoffs .

Reactions: ItzaGreat

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
A well rested Price can steal a series. After 1 series, he's no longer "well rested", so my thought only applies to Round 1.
But our D is just the worst it's been, since I can't even remember... Defence rules in the playoffs, combined with opportunistic scoring.
The reality is that our D is very average, and we'll need some players to really step huge in regards to scoring. The latter is possible, as a lot of our players are playing bad atm, so hopefully a few of them step it up.

We're depending on Price to play at an elite level, and our forward group to step up their game and capitalize on their high percentage chances.

I think this of low likelihood, so I'd bet we're out in 6 max.

I'll be cheering my ass off though, really hoping we play the Leafs and somehow pull off the upset. Would be epic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->