How many games do we win in round 1? (if there is a round 1)

How many games do we win in round 1? (if there is a round 1)

• Total voters

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
How many powerplays will the refs gift the leafs? Old school playoff hockey? Habs take 2 and could even possibly win the series.

But we know Bettman wants storylines so better believe refs will stiffle all momentum Habs get with the whistle. Leafs vs Oil conference finals book it

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know that Habs will be better than what we have seen lately but I wonder how much better. Key issues that will hold us back..

1) Faceoffs. We have to win more key faceoffs.

2) Puck possession movers. Only guy we got is Petry

3) PP and PK. Needs to be much better.

4) Shooting when we are in shooting areas. Stop trying to look for pass first.

5) Puck battles and winning the war in the trenches. We struggled at this for the majority of the season. Toffoli and Anderson helped but it's still an issue

6) Turnovers in our own end once we get possession. We need to spread out our forwards and keep it simple cause we lack puck possession beasts. Chip the puck out and have a forward going after their D. This will cause havoc but if no player is there cause they are cluttered in our own end, it won't work other than chipping it out.... Therrien system

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Habs will be better and take 2 games.

Campbell the biggest factor is the series though....He's been real good since he joined the Leafs but what kind of pressure goalie is he ? If he plays really good the Leafs will be hard for anyone to beat.

Last edited:

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Depends on when they start, if this team can get 5-6 days off before they start they can be competitive even with Toronto assuming Price Gally and weber are back and reasonably healthy. The time off will do Weber a world of good, he will be effective for 8-10 games at least

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
With a full team? I could see Montreal taking the Leafs to 7. Put Danault on Matthews pulling a Tikkanen shadow. However, our discipline seems to let us down and that TO PP will be a killer.

Will anyone even be back?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I just want the match-up to be confirmed so I can go have fun with Leafs fans on the playoffs board and talk up this shit team. Might as well have some fun before getting stomped.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The one potential lopsided advantage the Habs would be in goal - a healthy Price, who’s been through the trails & tribulations of post season / key hockey tourneys should be a significant advantage over Campbell who’s never had to shoulder the pressure of playoffs - and he’s let in lots of softies recently down the stretch, and Andersen has been avg-to-mediocre in the past playoffs.

I’ll go with Price’s performance last 25GP in playoffs until proven otherwise..

Will be interesting to watch play out...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Current lineup I would say 1.

If we get Price and Gallagher back I think they probably pull 2 out of their asses.
Out of whose asses? Our own or the Leafs.
And what if we get back also Danault and Weber? Will it be 3 games?
And what if Ducharme has time to run a mini training camp between now and the start of the playoffs? Will it be 4.
And what if Drouin comes back? Will we lose in 4 games?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The one potential lopsided advantage the Habs would be in goal - a healthy Price, who’s been through the trails & tribulations of post season / key hockey tourneys should be a significant advantage over Campbell who’s never had to shoulder the pressure of playoffs - and he’s let in lots of softies recently down the stretch, and Andersen has been avg-to-mediocre in the past playoffs.

I’ll go with Price’s performance last 25GP in playoffs until proven otherwise..

Will be interesting to watch play out...
I hope I'm wrong and you're right but I think Price won't be much better than Allen.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
With a full team? I could see Montreal taking the Leafs to 7. Put Danault on Matthews pulling a Tikkanen shadow. However, our discipline seems to let us down and that TO PP will be a killer.

Will anyone even be back?
Dom said yesterday, they will all be back for da playoff...

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->