how many ex Senator's goalies are currently playing in the league?

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
And how are they doing.

Here is the list of Ottawa Senators goalies:

Craig Anderson
Alex Auld
Mike Bales
Tom Barrasso
Don Beaupre
Daniel Berthiaume
Ben Bishop
Craig Billington
Mike Brodeur
Brian Elliott
Ray Emery
Mike Fountain
Martin Gerber
Dominik Hasek
Jani Hurme
Mark Laforest
Patrick Lalime
Simon Lajeunesse
Pascal Leclaire
Robin Lehner
Darrin Madeley
Curtis McElhinney
Mike Morrison
Martin Prusek
Damian Rhodes
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Ron Tugnutt
Steve Weeks

Currently playing:

Bishop -> having a great time
Elliot -> ?
McElhinney -> ?
Emery -> a good year

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Looking at the stats it seems McBackup and Elliott are both having good years thus far, as backups.

Really makes a statement about our goaltending in the past decade or so doesn't it?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Looking at the stats it seems McBackup and Elliott are both having good years thus far, as backups.

Really makes a statement about our goaltending in the past decade or so doesn't it?

It does. Outside if Bishop, we pretty much ran the others out of town because they "sucked."

Maybe it wasn't the goaltending letting us down.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
It does. Outside if Bishop, we pretty much ran the others out of town because they "sucked."

Maybe it wasn't the goaltending letting us down.

What? It's a combination of signing aging goaltenders and ****** ones. How can you look at that list and say it wasn't the goaltending letting us down. It isn't like we've let guys go and they've dominate the league. Elliot's season was a miracle on ice, Ottawa, Colorado and now St. Louis know that.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Mike Brodeur...

I will never forget him.

We were on a 5 game losing streak, I believe, and our season looked to be in shambles. We called him up to play against New York Rangers @ Madison Square Garden who were playing great hockey.

He put on a clinic in that game and stopped all 32 shots including a couple HUGE breakaway stops on Gaborik.

After that, he won a couple more and gave way to Elliot and the Senators who went on a franchise record 11 game winning streak and put our hopes back alive.

I salute you, Mike Brodeur.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Mike Brodeur...

I will never forget him.

We were on a 5 game losing streak, I believe, and our season looked to be in shambles. We called him up to play against New York Rangers @ Madison Square Garden who were playing great hockey.

He put on a clinic in that game and stopped all 32 shots including a couple HUGE breakaway stops on Gaborik.

After that, he won a couple more and gave way to Elliot and the Senators who went on a franchise record 11 game winning streak and put our hopes back alive.

He was the goalie in pipes when the Wilds equipment burned. Same game, Karlsson scored his first NHL goal on an assist from Kovalev.

Time flies!

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Mike Brodeur...

I will never forget him.

Didn't he get a SO in that NY game? I think it was a 1-0 game.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Didn't he get a SO in that NY game? I think it was a 1-0 game.

Hence the "stopped all 32 shots." :sarcasm:

Haha yea he did it was a 2-0 game.

That was back when our best line was Shannon-Regin-Kovalev

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL who remembers that line.

EDIT: Actually I just rewatched the game and Ottawa scored both goals in last 1:18 of the game.

Also, Kovalev had one of his most dominating shifts as a Senator that lead to the first goal. Wow, now I remember...

Man, the kids really looked up to Kovalev when he was here.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
What? It's a combination of signing aging goaltenders and ****** ones. How can you look at that list and say it wasn't the goaltending letting us down. It isn't like we've let guys go and they've dominate the league. Elliot's season was a miracle on ice, Ottawa, Colorado and now St. Louis know that.

We ran both Elliott and Emery out of town. Weren't good enough to be so much as a backup for us and we lost or missed the playoffs because of them, remember? Most of HF were celebrating getting rid of them.

Both have been doing quite well for themselves the last few years. Who knows what Emery would've accomplished without that horrible injury he had a few years back.

What I'm saying is, we've been putting way too much emphasis on the goaltending position and dumping on all their faults. What would've happened if we had shown the same lack of patience with Karlsson? Turris?

You don't just run guys out of town because they're less than perfect. (Hell, that goes for everyone on the team, not just the goalies.)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We ran both Elliott and Emery out of town. Weren't good enough to be so much as a backup for us and we lost or missed the playoffs because of them, remember? Most of HF were celebrating getting rid of them.

Both have been doing quite well for themselves the last few years. Who knows what Emery would've accomplished without that horrible injury he had a few years back.

What I'm saying is, we've been putting way too much emphasis on the goaltending position and dumping on all their faults. What would've happened if we had shown the same lack of patience with Karlsson? Turris?

You don't just run guys out of town because they're less than perfect. (Hell, that goes for everyone on the team, not just the goalies.)

LeClaire, Elliot, Gerber these guys were horrendous. That's why only 1 is still in the league(behind best defensive team in the league where he still lets in horrific goal at worst times especially playoffs)

Emery himself hasn't established **** with or without us. He was also huge distraction in the lockerroom.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
And how are they doing.

Here is the list of Ottawa Senators goalies:

Craig Anderson
Alex Auld
Mike Bales
Tom Barrasso
Don Beaupre
Daniel Berthiaume
Ben Bishop
Craig Billington
Mike Brodeur
Brian Elliott
Ray Emery
Mike Fountain
Martin Gerber
Dominik Hasek
Jani Hurme
Mark Laforest
Patrick Lalime
Simon Lajeunesse
Pascal Leclaire
Robin Lehner
Darrin Madeley
Curtis McElhinney
Mike Morrison
Martin Prusek
Damian Rhodes
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Ron Tugnutt
Steve Weeks

Currently playing:

Bishop -> having a great time
Elliot -> ?
McElhinney -> ?
Emery -> a good year

I remember watching 20 of them. Ironically the other night i was lying in bed counting Sens goalies. (Like counting sheep)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad