How many cups will Tampa win in the next 3 years?

How many do you think?

• Total voters

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I was under the impression that they were due to lose a few guys, but checking CapFriendly, it looks like they will be able to keep all the key players, and the key depth.

For at least the next 3 years, they are going to run this league. I thought the fans were being a little arrogant but how can you not with all that talent locked up? They locked up Point and didn't even need to shed a good depth player.

I'm glad I am not in that division, Boston and Toronto will be fighting it out for a chance to not play Tampa for a while.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
They should be able to get one... getting out of the division wont be easy though... for any of the big 3. Should be an interesting race for the division title this year. I don't think it'll be as much of a cake walk this time.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think they will win 1, possibly as soon as this season. Boston followed up an epic playoff collapse in 2010 with a Cup in 2011. Tampa could follow suit.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I think they will win 1, possibly as soon as this season. Boston followed up an epic playoff collapse in 2010 with a Cup in 2011. Tampa could follow suit.

Exactly. Tampa's talent is far from the issue. That chokejob should give an added gear to already the most talented team on paper.

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Have the last 2 seasons taught us nothing ?

The team that is favoured to win, almost never does.

I see Tampa playing out much like Washington. Heavily favoured year after year, but won't actually win, until they're not supposed to.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Exactly. Tampa's talent is far from the issue. That chokejob should give an added gear to already the most talented team on paper.

Hitting rock bottom can be very motivating. That playoff loss was as bad as I have ever seen. A 62 win team getting swept in the 1st by a team with 30 less points in the standings is unreal.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
It's really hard to win the Cup and it's always unpredictable but I think they win 1 in the next 3 years. This season has to be their best shot though because they have very little space next season and a few guys are going to need a decent raise so at least one or two good players will have to go. They'll still be a dominant team but I think this season is going to be as good or better than last year for them.

Slight correction to the OP, they did lose JT Miller, Anton Stralman, and Dan Girardi this offseason. None are star players but they're at least noteworthy losses.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I voted for 1.

I could see them winning 2 or 3 Presidents Trophies. They're the best team in the NHL.

The playoffs is more of a crapshoot.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
went with 0, but 1 is possible, though i don't think it's probable

last year we learned they were only built for the regular season, we'll see if they are more than that this year

Reactions: BlueMed

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
It’ll be a pretty big failure if they can’t get at least one of the next three. That should be the expectation in my opinion.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
zero...too many painters, not enough plumbers. that's a post-season recipe for disaster. it will catch up to them sometime during the four-round gauntlet, even if they do manage to advance.

Reactions: BlueMed

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Going the opposite of sound logic and nearly all historical data and went with 3 cups in 3 years!!

I’d be surprised with just 1 win though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->