How many Canucks games did you watch this year?

How many Canucks games did you watch this season (2018-19)

• Total voters

Cheeks Clapinski

Sep 26, 2017
Far, far too many. Started out watching almost all of them for Pettersson. When he was injured, only watched a few. Then as the season went on, with the usual turds floating around the bowl, i lost interest and watched condensed games.

I watched almost every single game for the last 20 games or so though. Turns out it was a cure for my insomnia.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Its rough starting out with the Gillis era Canucks, great original team to catch, but nothing but pain since then.

...but hey, be happy kid. You didnt have to watch Messier. :cry:

Perspective is even worse if you started off with the Burke era. That's more than a full decade, 12 seasons' worth of watchable, respectable, fun hockey, with maybe just one season in 07-08 that was quickly redeemed. I used to scrounge up my paycheque skipping lunches to buy tickets costing well above $100.

It sounds like first world whining for sure but this franchise and its fans deserve better from the owner and upper management than the lazy, myopic "kick the can down the road" approach we've been fed for years, as pieces of the paying customer fanbase. Bandwagon culture is frowned upon but maybe that's the hard approach needed from the fans to tell them this is enough.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Actually I have watched every single game (except for some pre-season games) since 2010. Should be 744 games (Reg Season + Playoffs).

Apparently I like to torture myself. Seriously though, it is tough sometimes but as bad as it is, it is my favorite team and I think I need to watch them to know what I am talking about. Have watched many games before 2010 too but since then it has just become much easier with NHL.tv available everywhere. So havent missed a game since.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Its rough starting out with the Gillis era Canucks, great original team to catch, but nothing but pain since then.

...but hey, be happy kid. You didnt have to watch Messier. :cry:
Was the Messier era worse then whatever we call this era?

At least we got Hughes Peetey Bo and Boe

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
I use to watch all 82, now I will watch it every now again but to be honest my interest has dipped after watching how the league changes rules at random

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
I think I watched like 76-77 games, there were a couple I couldn't watch because of finals or had other plans but watched the majority. It probably won't be like this next season because I'll likely be in the East Coast so won't be able to watch as many unfortunately.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Was the Messier era worse then whatever we call this era?

At least we got Hughes Peetey Bo and Boe

Not nearly as bad, Messier era was like ripping off a bandaid and you came out of it with Naslund/Bertuzzi/Ohlund/Jovo/Sedins/etc.

That was the time I took an interest in watching every game I could - though not all Canucks games were available just yet, and kept it up for almost 20 years. Now I may tune in to bits of pieces of a game, tune in to the end, or just watch the highlights on dtmts.com, but start to finish I've watched 0 games the last few years.

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm probably in the 40-50 territory. That December-Feburary stretch was difficult to muster interest in for me.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
a muted canucks game is a nice background image while you're reading. I think I had most of them on TV, but I only watched a maybe 20-30 closely.

I re-read ASOIAF through oct-nov, then I went on a james ellroy binge in December. Other books I read instead of paying attention to the Canucks this season:

Years of Rice and Salt by Kim Stanley Robinson (excellent)
The first expanse book (bad, tv show is also bad)
The Game by Ken Dryden (classic)

I'm now reading the k-punk collection from repeater. RIP mark fisher

Cousin Tangibles

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I'd say somewhere around 50. I missed 4 on vacation, and probably 20 just from work. They also don't play on local television, so I have to find other means. Whenever the team is visiting the Rangers, Islanders or Devils though, I attend the games with a group.

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005
40-50, including one live.

I did some depressing math recently. I figure I've watched an average of 40 games a year for the past, oh, 25 years or so. So yeah, that's almost 3000 hours of Canucks hockey.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
40-50, including one live.

I did some depressing math recently. I figure I've watched an average of 40 games a year for the past, oh, 25 years or so. So yeah, that's almost 3000 hours of Canucks hockey.

I mean, it's only 1000 hours of hockey and about 2000 hours of commercials/intermissions.

Happy to help!

Reactions: Dana Murzyn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->