How many black players on Team Canada??

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Starsdude said:
You are an ignorant ass. Have you been here? A great environment for all athletes of any color
He pointed out Mississippi and Georgia, ironically left out Texas.

leafaholix*

jtuzzi21 said:
Stop trolling, and trying to bait Chaos.
It was supposed to be tongue in cheek at first... but you guys have taken it too seriously.

Btw... no need to bait Chaos, we have our battles in the Daley vs. Colaiacovo threads.

:snide:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Leafaholix said:
It was supposed to be tongue in cheek at first... but you guys have taken it too seriously.

Btw... no need to bait Chaos, we have our battles in the Daley vs. Colaiacovo threads.

Yea, but don't drag your little tiffs into other threads, please. :)

leafaholix*

jtuzzi21 said:
Yea, but don't drag your little tiffs into other threads, please. :)
No tiffs.

Chaos and I have a decent relationship... there's no hate from my side.

That's why I'm planning on proposing.

BCCHL inactive

theo_60 said:
Clarke MacArthure's a loser. He tried sleeping with my girlfriend at the time and used the line "I got drafted in the 3rd round, I'll be making the NHL for sure" on her.

Of course she said no, I dont blame her...what would you rather have, a guy who has a shot at the NHL or a bumb playing senior hockey getting tanked after every game?

:)

Yeah. Whatever buddy.

Next time you browse these boards, take a look through the board rules.

This thread in general makes me sick.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Chaos said:
The games aren't being played in Mississippi or Georgia(no offense to anyon here who lives in those states), so racism is not going to be an issue here.
Or Montreal.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Leafaholix said:

I stand behind Leafaholix on this one. He merely pointed out the folly in Chaos' post. He had two laughs in his post. First, he mentions these two states and implies they are some sort of racist mecca and then says no offense to anyone who lives in those states. Yet it's these same people that make these states what you are. It's the equivalent of saying, "you are Pejorative Slured, but no offense to you, man" It just doesn't work.

And to include Mississippi and Georgia and leave out Texas is a good laugh. Having lived in both Georgia and Texas, any accusations of racism hurled either way are like the pot calling the kettle black.

Leafaholix was solid in his post and he merely pointed out a hilarious and noticeable flaw in Chaos' post. If hadn't done it, I would have.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
You forgot Texas.

Then you clearly have not been here. Thats all Im going to say in response to that completely ignorant statement :shakehead .

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
SmokeyClause said:
I stand behind Leafaholix on this one. He merely pointed out the folly in Chaos' post. He had two laughs in his post. First, he mentions these two states and implies they are some sort of racist mecca and then says no offense to anyone who lives in those states. Yet it's these same people that make these states what you are. It's the equivalent of saying, "you are Pejorative Slured, but no offense to you, man" It just doesn't work.

When I said no offense it was meant because I knew I was generalizing those two states, and that obviously not every person in those states has any racist leanings.

SmokeyClause said:
And to include Mississippi and Georgia and leave out Texas is a good laugh. Having lived in both Georgia and Texas, any accusations of racism hurled either way are like the pot calling the kettle black.

Leafaholix was solid in his post and he merely pointed out a hilarious and noticeable flaw in Chaos' post. If hadn't done it, I would have.

Tell me, when and where did you live in Texas? Cause if you lived in any decent sized city, racism is almost non-existant. Now if you lived in some small town out in the middle of West Texas, then you may have a point. Oh, and I guarantee you that if I didnt live in Texas, Leafaholix never would have said that. His post is the exact definition of baiting, and everyone here knows it.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
zecke26 said:
so you say that there's no racism in the northern states?

i don't think that racism is a major concern in hockey, but it's safe to say that we have some racists on the ice. in the NHL, in the AHL...

Sure there is racism everywhere, but its not nearly as prevalent in a place like Minnesota as it is in most of the so called Deep South.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Chaos said:
When I said no offense it was meant because I knew I was generalizing those two states, and that obviously not every person in those states has any racist leanings.

I know you were generalizing. What I find amusing is that you negatively generalize people from that area and then hope they don't get offended. As if your "no offense' would actually placate someone from Mississippi or Georgia.

Chaos said:
Tell me, when and where did you live in Texas? Cause if you lived in any decent sized city, racism is almost non-existant. Now if you lived in some small town out in the middle of West Texas, then you may have a point. Oh, and I guarantee you that if I didnt live in Texas, Leafaholix never would have said that. His post is the exact definition of baiting, and everyone here knows it.

Frisco, TX which is roughly a suburb of Dallas. Sure in the bigger cities people tend to appear less racist. It's the same way in Georgia too. In Atlanta, people appear less racist than in Macon or Valdosta. The bottom line is these places are eerily similar. And neither is any more or less racist, in my opinion, than a state like Pennsylvannia (I use this northern state as an example because I frequent it a lot). I think we (states) are all racists to some degree, some places are just better at hiding it.

Your post was as much baiting towards Mississippians and Georgians as Leafaholix's was to you. You made a comment with a serious flaw and he called you on it. Have we become so sensitive on this board that people can make foolish comments based on little merit and remain above reproach because the posters involved have a past history.

And of course if you didn't live in Texas, he probably wouldn't have said anything. It was because you lived in Texas that your remarks were ironic. He would have reacted in kind if you had been from Tennessee or South Carolina.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
SmokeyClause said:
I know you were generalizing. What I find amusing is that you negatively generalize people from that area and then hope they don't get offended. As if your "no offense' would actually placate someone from Mississippi or Georgia.

It would placate someone from one of those states who is not racist at all. Thats the point of it.

Frisco, TX which is roughly a suburb of Dallas. Sure in the bigger cities people tend to appear less racist. It's the same way in Georgia too. In Atlanta, people appear less racist than in Macon or Valdosta. The bottom line is these places are eerily similar. And neither is any more or less racist, in my opinion, than a state like Pennsylvannia (I use this northern state as an example because I frequent it a lot). I think we (states) are all racists to some degree, some places are just better at hiding it.

Your post was as much baiting towards Mississippians and Georgians as Leafaholix's was to you. You made a comment with a serious flaw and he called you on it. Have we become so sensitive on this board that people can make foolish comments based on little merit and remain above reproach because the posters involved have a past history.

And of course if you didn't live in Texas, he probably wouldn't have said anything. It was because you lived in Texas that your remarks were ironic. He would have reacted in kind if you had been from Tennessee or South Carolina.

I dont see how my post was nearly as baiting towards Mississippians or Georgians as his was to me. His sole purpose for posting that was because he knows I live in Texas, and was attempting to coax a response out of me. I'll admit it was probably wrong for me to single out MS and GA(probably should have just said "South"), but that doesnt mean someone can make a post intentionally baiting someone IMO.

Btw, I agree with the few others that this thread is just a waste.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
To the 2 guys who posted that "this thread makes me sick".

Why?

Is it because you've become so politically correct that now if someone even mentions a colour that you automatically assume that something racist has been said?

That makes me sick. call it a waste of time but to say it "makes you sick"?!?

Im still waiting for the "Oreo" line to stick, but i digress im sure i've just offended someone out there with hypersensitivity issues.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Its not a very relevant thread but i do not have a problem with it. How many players with two fathers and no mothers on the team ? About as relevant. How many players hear voices at night?

leafaholix*

Chaos said:
It would placate someone from one of those states who is not racist at all. Thats the point of it.

I dont see how my post was nearly as baiting towards Mississippians or Georgians as his was to me. His sole purpose for posting that was because he knows I live in Texas, and was attempting to coax a response out of me. I'll admit it was probably wrong for me to single out MS and GA(probably should have just said "South"), but that doesnt mean someone can make a post intentionally baiting someone IMO.

Btw, I agree with the few others that this thread is just a waste.
You being from Texas is what made the whole situation so ironic.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Look at the thread title question. It's stupid.

As stupid as people talking about Laraque and Carter in the same breathe when they were Oilers, which happened too much, by people who seem to be making issues or just stirring up stuff.

Troll. Bigot. Ignoramus. Take your pick.

Seriously, all of this makes me just shake my head and shrug shoulders.

Why make an issue before an issue is made?

leafaholix*

VanIslander said:
Look at the thread title question. It's stupid.

As stupid as people talking about Laraque and Carter in the same breathe when they were Oilers, which happened too much, by people who seem to be making issues or just stirring up stuff.

Troll. Bigot. Ignoramus. Take your pick.

Seriously, all of this makes me just shake my head and shrug shoulders.

Why make an issue before an issue is made?
The title isn't ignorant... it's a question.

I like to look at it under a positive light... Canada's producing great players despite what colour they are. Many minorities in this country are playing hockey and we're seeing the result of that now.

Murphy*

murph_man15 said:
I really think that Jamaica will be the darkhorse of the tournament.

Oh come on people! This was GOLD, GOLD JERRY! Dark! Jamaica! **** YOU ALL!*walks off pissed off*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad