How many AHLers will make the team?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'll say 3. Keith Aulie plus 2 forwards.

If the rest of the players already in Tampa (minus Wilson) make the team that's a 23 man roster.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Hard to say (see training camp thread). Probably three: Aulie, Wyman plus one of Connolly and Conacher. Or Killorn? Angelidis? Johnson? :dunno:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I voted 2 but I forgot Wyman played in the A so I now think 3. Wyman, Aullie, and Connolly.

Al Cervick

Mar 17, 2011
Aulie not playing for SYR the last two games gives a good indication that he'll crack the roster. Conacher is the only player not in the lineup against Rochester that does not have to clear waivers. That has me thinking he has a solid shot to make the team.
I think from there it depends on what the team needs. Bottom 6 forward could be any one of Wyman, Angelidis, Labrie, or even Killorn. I'm not at all worried about Syracuse because the depth of the whole organazation is outstanding.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Aulie not playing for SYR the last two games gives a good indication that he'll crack the roster. Conacher is the only player not in the lineup against Rochester that does not have to clear waivers. That has me thinking he has a solid shot to make the team.
I think from there it depends on what the team needs. Bottom 6 forward could be any one of Wyman, Angelidis, Labrie, or even Killorn. I'm not at all worried about Syracuse because the depth of the whole organazation is outstanding.

Aulie didn't play the last two games because they were unsure when the MOU would be signed and as soon as it is, his AHL contract is void. However yes he wil be in TB.

It's going to be Aulie, Conacher, and Killorn.

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
I understand they like Conacher's north-south game and there are positives to keeping Connolly in the AHL for now but they didn't take the player who has been better for the balance of the current season. I think the one edge I'd give to Conacher is that, with his speed and tenacity, he can bounce in and out of the top-6 without stunting his game a la Brad Marchand.

That said, Still All In was right about the org.'s preference, at this point, for Conacher. And I was ended being wrong assuming Connolly would be the safe pick. Despite my continued belief that Connolly was every bit as, if not more, deserving, like I wrote in a previous thread, I'll be rooting for the little guy to make good just as much as I would have for Connolly to redeem himself with the big club.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'm not shocked to see that Connolly will be staying in the A for now. I also agree with the comment above that Conacher's game is a bit better suited for bouncing from line to line. No point in bringing up Connolly if he wasn't going to be spending his time in the top six.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad