How many 50 goal scorers this season?

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
You know I keep hearing Matthews, Laine, and McDavid first, but lets be honest if the name Alex Ovechkin is not the first name that comes out of your mouth, you are not a real hockey fan. The key word is those guys have the ability to score 50 goals. Meanwhile Ovechkin has done it 7 times and was the closest to doing it last year. He is now tied for 1st right now. This happens every year. Its a close race now, then OV leaves everyone in the dust in the end. He's a ******* work horse.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Best part tho 33 year old Ovy on pace for 61 28% of the way through the season. If he could pull off 50 and a rocket it would be 8 50 goal seasons and 8 rockets, would be fitting

Would be incredible if you consider the company he would be in as well.

Only three players have scored 50 goals after age 32, Bobby Hull, Jagr and Bucyk. Only Howe (34) and Bill Cook (37) have ever led the league in goals after age 32.

Long way to go and a slump or two will occur, but man I hope he pulls it off.

pezpunk

May 3, 2013
On pace is one thing but sustaining that over a whole season is another. Ovechkin had 7 goals in his first two games last season and ended up with 49.

Not saying he can't do it but that the odds are against him doing so.

right. plus he's missing the most lucrative time of year for goal scorers. it's harder near the end of the season when fewer penalties are called.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Excuse me for being annoyed when half the population screws up his name. Same thing with Andersen, a LOT of people use an o.
Well that's cuz they are 2 completely different goalies. AFIAK there is no Morgan Reilly to be mixed up with. I'll post again when I memorize all 700+ player names and how they're spelled. :help:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Well that's cuz they are 2 completely different goalies. AFIAK there is no Morgan Reilly to be mixed up with. I'll post again when I memorize all 700+ player names and how they're spelled. :help:

Mike Reilly, also a defenceman. Also Ryan O'Reilly, and then there's Reilly Smith.

I don't expect someone to know how to spell every player. You do however see the top players enough you know how to spell them all. But maybe that's just me.

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
Matthews can do it if he doesn't get hurt again after he comes back. He was the best player in the league while he was playing. Never under-estimate the best. If he returns soon as is expected and doesn't miss any more significant time there's absolutely no reason to think he can't do it.
First of all, when is that glass cannon coming back? Add to that he will not be 100% coming back and you still expect him to score over 50 goals after missing so many games???? Ridiculous

Reactions: FFHockey

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I wonder how many skinner would have if he started on the top line.

I mean 17 goals in his last 18 games since being there. He had one in the first six with I think Okposo/berglund/Mittlestadt

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
If Ovechkin does hit 50 that'll push him up to 657 career goals, and 13th all time.

Would be incredible to see him push for Gretzky's record of 894. It'd be pretty tough to get there, but he should be a lock for Gordie Howe's #2 at 801, assuming he stays healthy.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Laine while scary with these hot
Streaks which are ridiculous he also has the cold streaks. Like every scorer but long ones.

So that’s why I’m
Still taking Ovechkin for the rocket.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Hahahahaha

Laine is tied for the league
Lead now?

Pastrnak
Ovechkin
McDavid
maybe Laine

Skinner doesn't maintain pace.

Yes skinner should. Eichel
Creates way too much offense and it’s a contract year. That’s not just bias that’s fact, check the numbers. 17 in 18 games with him how can you doubt that? It’s not like Eichel hasn’t don’t this for other players when they were with him, E kane for one, gift wrapped him 16 and then he’s he only got Three in the second half, Because he wasn’t on his Line. Thing is the chemistry is way too good for both guys to stop. It might not be a fifty goal pace but I think 40-45 is definitely in the cards should they remain healthy. You could argue they should Be scoring more, Eichel only has 5 goals on 93 shots. Its a perfect mix, jacks never had a sniper (skinner got 37 two years ago) and skinner has never had an elite playmaker. So this duo is going to be a top one, I believe they even have more ots then Mackinnon and rantanen since October 19th when they were paired....they’ve combined for almost fifty points since then.

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Yes skinner should. Eichel
Creates way too much offense and it’s a contract year. That’s not just bias that’s fact, check the numbers. 17 in 18 games with him how can you doubt that? It’s not like Eichel hasn’t don’t this for other players when they were with him, E kane for one, gift wrapped him 16 and then he’s he only got Three in the second half, Because he wasn’t on his Line. Thing is the chemistry is way too good for both guys to stop. It might not be a fifty goal pace but I think 40-45 is definitely in the cards should they remain healthy. You could argue they should Be scoring more, Eichel only has 5 goals on 93 shots. Its a perfect mix, jacks never had a sniper (skinner got 37 two years ago) and skinner has never had an elite playmaker. So this duo is going to be a top one, I believe they even have more ots then Mackinnon and rantanen since October 19th when they were paired....they’ve combined for almost fifty points since then.
How can I doubt him? His career high is 37.

Reactions: drs151

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad