How low can Florida finish this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And GOALS. Let's not forget that. There's 10g, 20a and then there's 22g, 10 assists. Quite a difference.
I only brought up the old time GM angle on account of Anderson having poor analytics numbers. Those GMs are more likely to buy and pay for the power forward unicorn profile despite his analytics, just in my opinion, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I only brought up old time GM angle on account of Anderson having poor analytics numbers. Those GMs are more likely to buy and pay for the power forward unicorn profile despite his analytics, just in my opinion, I could be wrong.

Very well put.

I'm not a Josh Anderson fan, I find his output as a player is overrated by many and there is little evidence he is even a playoff performer if we're being honest. The idea of Josh Anderson >>> the player Josh Anderson...

But realistically, his size/speed/shot combo is tantalizing to organizations and so long as he doesn't get another massive injury, his value will always be a lot higher than his production (both offensively and defensively). Patience can be afforded here.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Hughes can't trade every vet especially vets with term that is manageable. Anderson I doubt gets traded.
Dadonov and Drouin you dump for literally whatever you can get.

Anderson, Dvorak and Edmundson only for good value.

Hoffman in between.

Monahan depends entirely on his health.

Armia will require a creative trade but it could happen at some point in the next months or years, lol.

Gallagher is untradeable until and unless he goes on LTIR.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Dadonov and Drouin you dump for literally whatever you can get.

Anderson, Dvorak and Edmundson only for good value.

Hoffman in between.

Monahan depends entirely on his health.

Armia will require a creative trade but it could happen at some point in the next months or years, lol.

Gallagher is untradeable until and unless he goes on LTIR.

Right now, as it stand for next year considering Habs' payroll, assuming the RFA are resign

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Dach - Anderson
Pitlick - Dvorak - Gallagher
Pezzetta - Evans - Armia

Matheson - Edmundson
Guhle - Savard
Xhekaj - Harris
Kovacevic - Barron
Wideman

Allen
Montembeault

This is a proplem in itself.
Have to make room to play the bunch of kids that are going to start to push next year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Right now, as it stand for next year considering Habs' payroll, assuming the RFA are resign

Pezzetta - Evans - Armia

Matheson - Edmundson
Guhle - Savard
Xhekaj - Harris
Kovacevic - Barron
Wideman

Allen
Montembeault

Have to make room to play the bunch of kids that are going to start to push next year.

Yes, it looks more likely than not that Farrell, RHP, Heineman and Ylonen will need spots.

Assuming we keep 13 forwards, 3 forwards need to go. I'd hope those 3 would be Anderson, Armia, and Hoffman. I'd retain on Hoffman and even Armia when it comes to the cap, but that would take up two of the three retention spots. Maybe trade them for an equally bad contract that you burry in the AHL. If we keep 14 forwards, 2 vets need to go. Anderson and one of Hoffman or Armia.

On D, two of Eddy, Savard, and Matheson are moved. Each for a 1st round pick.

Reactions: Milhouse40

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I can’t believe Habs are off until next Saturday. What a ridiculous schedule.

Pezzetta - Evans - Armia

Matheson - Edmundson
Guhle - Savard
Xhekaj - Harris
Kovacevic - Barron
Wideman

Allen
Montembeault

Looks like another tank year to me

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Pezzetta - Evans - Armia

Matheson - Edmundson
Guhle - Savard
Xhekaj - Harris
Kovacevic - Barron
Wideman

Allen
Montembeault

Pitlick was sent down this year, and he can be sent down again. His cap hit is zero if buried.

Pezzetta, even if kept, is an extra forward.

Assuming Gallagher and Armia are both healthy and in the lineup, there is still room for two more starting forwards - Farrell and one other, say RHP. Also Armia and Hoffman could sit in favour of a better player, if one emerges.

And finally, it is not realistic to expect zero injuries. Ylonen could easily play most of the season. Or Roy might surprise and make the team. Heineman more likely starts in Laval.

On defence, you sit or demote Wideman.

Barron stays with the club, competing with Harris and Kovacevic when there are no injuries. Mailloux starts in Laval.

At the TDL, Hoffman and Edmundson are traded, opening up two more spots for youth.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Pitlick was sent down this year, and he can be sent down again. His cap hit is zero if buried.

Pezzetta, even if kept, is an extra forward.

Assuming Gallagher and Armia are both healthy and in the lineup, there is still room for two more starting forwards - Farrell and one other, say RHP. Also Armia and Hoffman could sit in favour of a better player, if one emerges.

And finally, it is not realistic to expect zero injuries. Ylonen could easily play most of the season. Or Roy might surprise and make the team. Heineman more likely starts in Laval.

On defence, you sit or demote Wideman.

Barron stays with the club, competing with Harris and Kovacevic when there are no injuries. Mailloux starts in Laval.

At the TDL, Hoffman and Edmundson are traded, opening up two more spots for youth.
There is a limit on contract you can have.....and thinking nothing will happen between now and next year is more than pessimist.

Hughes has been one of the most active GM since last year, doubt it will stop now

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
There is a limit on contract you can have.....and thinking nothing will happen between now and next year is more than pessimist.

Hughes has been one of the most active GM since last year, doubt it will stop now
We currently have 46 contracts.

We will trade or not re-sign the following:
Dadonov​
Drouin​
Byron​
Monahan (likely)​
Leskinen​
Stephens​
Schueneman​
Bowey​
Schnarr​
Condotta​
That brings us down to 36. Add Roy, Kidney and Mailloux, who don't count yet, and we are at 39.

We need to sign:
Simoneau​
Struble​
Dichow or Vrbetic (pick one, or sign both if Dobes stays in NCAA)​
Dobes (early, hopefully)​
Farrell (early)​

So then we would be at 44.

That leaves enough room for 2 new 2023 draftees or free agents and a trade or two that yields net new bodies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think Florida will have a tough time passing Buffalo and Islanders this year. Both desperately want to make the playoffs and have more assets to trade at the TDL. Given the difficulty in Florida’s remaining schedule, I wouldn’t bet in them making the playoffs this year but don’t see them dropping to bottom 10. Most likely outside of the playoffs but not a lotttery pick. 14-16th is where I’d put them at this point.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I think Florida will have a tough time passing Buffalo and Islanders this year. Both desperately want to make the playoffs and have more assets to trade at the TDL. Given the difficulty in Florida’s remaining schedule, I wouldn’t bet in them making the playoffs this year but don’t see them dropping to bottom 10. Most likely outside of the playoffs but not a lotttery pick. 14-16th is where I’d put them at this point.

I also see them as early to mid 10s, which would honestly be great for us anyway, there will be plenty good players still there.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I also see them as early to mid 10s, which would honestly be great for us anyway, there will be plenty good players still there.
Agreed. Top 15 of this draft is very good. After that though, it looks like a normal draft year. 8-15 are also all fairly equal from what I’ve read so two picks in the top 15 and Habs should get two very good prospects to add to the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad