How long will we keep Weber, Jones, and Josi?

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I think Josi has the best chance at staying his career here. Personally, I want Weber here more than any other defensemen for his career. He and Rinne could be the first superstars to be developed by the Preds and are known for being a Predator. Not a Predator and Red Wing, just for example. We need to build some sort of legacy and I think Weber and Rinne are a great start.

I feel like Jones has the best chance at playing else where, but if we could sign him to a contract like Tavares then after that's up sign him to the big contract that Weber has because Weber's dollar amount will be pretty low so we will have the money. It's like present from the Hockey Gods, once Weber slips into being post-prime, Jones is stepping into his.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I can't see Weber traded until we are sure Jones is a superstar, and he signs a long term deal that keeps him here well into his UFA years. I think we have all 3 for at least the next 4-5 years. If Weber is 34 or 35 and Jones and Josi are still here, and if we are at a rebuilding point, the logical thing would be to trade Weber for youth

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Which will be nothing of real value because you don't trade players like these and get real value for them.

you dont if you trade them in their prime, which is why I say if we trade Weber it will be when he is 34 or 35 and we are looking at a rebuild.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
If we are not contending within 4 years I can see them moving Weber at that point. I would be really sad but he would be 32(almost 33) by then and it would be a huge return before he would start to fall off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad