How long until Provorov is #1 Russian dman ?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It's clear to me he's got a higher upside than Orlov, Zadorov, Kulikov etc.

In my opinion, he can be a top pair defenseman in the NHL.

Do you guys think he will make the team in 2018 Olympics ?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I'd say by 2018-19 he will be the best Russian blueliner in the NHL - taking over for Markov.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I think Sergachev is a better prospect than Provorov. Better shot, more physical, better decision maker.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
I think Sergachev is a better prospect than Provorov.
Provorov probably the smartest guy of the past draft (besides MCD of course).
And his first pass pretty much always something special. Both are great skaters, but yeah, from what I saw Misha's wrister is exceptional. And a shot overall. But such brains like Provorovs dont grow on the trees. Both have legit #1D potential in my eyes. But give me Ivan, he's just a rare breed as well as his vision and IQ. Anyway I do love this kids, they are our bright hockey future. :nod:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So far I have compared Provorov's ceiling to Zubov and Sergachyov's to Malakhov (of course, no guarantee that they willl reach it) - so I agree with the thought that, while Sergachyov has an all-star potential, Provorov's hockey IQ can make him something really special. Btw, speaking about comparables, Gavrikov made me think of Volchenkov because of his style of play.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
can't agree with it. as for their smarts, sergachev is a tier below provorov.

Not sure where the gushing about Provorov's smarts is suddenly coming from. The guy has gone from goat to GOAT in a span of a single tournament.

Provorov has actually had a very spotty season so far and has been criticized, often correctly, for his poor decision making.

I do not mind the optimism about him, but I see no reason to rate him above Sergachev with such confidence. I am more of a Sergachev kind of guy.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Personally I think Orlov and Zaitsev are both more talented and will be the future of Russian D. Orlov is only now starting to show his colors and his peak is still ahead of him, he's got an amazing shot and clutch on ice presence in most important games. I watch a lot of caps hockey... Provorov has never really impressed me, what is there to say - he is a good player on a junior team and hasn't played professionaly yet, his toughest challenge is still ahead of him

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Provorov with a four point game (2+2) right after the WJC

See what a bit of Russian coaching did with the guy.. Imagine if he were on a good khl team right now..

A lot of wjc players having good club games after the wjc jolt - kaprizov, svtelakov, Provorov...

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Not sure where the gushing about Provorov's smarts is suddenly coming from. The guy has gone from goat to GOAT in a span of a single tournament.

Provorov has actually had a very spotty season so far and has been criticized, often correctly, for his poor decision making.

I do not mind the optimism about him, but I see no reason to rate him above Sergachev with such confidence. I am more of a Sergachev kind of guy.
it comes from me seeing them both play. i actually have never been impressed with sergachev. nice size and shot, but for his decision making... he has never seemed like the brightest bulb on ice to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad