Speculation: How Long Until Our Best Players Start Playing Like It?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
his usual self? LOL. his usual self is what you see, not the handful of games he played over his head.

No, he has been quite sloppy with the puck this year. Last year, he was far more effective at making sure the puck leaves the zone quickly.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Problem is that no one has stepped up as the #2 guy. Gunnar hasnt looked like his usual self
I agree, and it makes me sad to hear that.

Wasn't there something about his injury that basically said he wouldn't be pain free from it the entire season? Really sucks, but he's been decent, just not quite as good as we've previously seen.

Maybe I'm just pulling that out of my ass but I thought I read something along those lines.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
No, he has been quite sloppy with the puck this year. Last year, he was far more effective at making sure the puck leaves the zone quickly.
NO, what you are seeing now is the real CG and last year was him being "not his usual self"

he's not that good

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Yeah, I agree with people saying Phaneuf has been playing fine. Definitely been our best defender this year.

Kessel, yeah it's been a rough going this year, but he's missing Joffrey as well. I'm willing to bet his play picks up when Lupul comes back.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
I agree, and it makes me sad to hear that.

Wasn't there something about his injury that basically said he wouldn't be pain free from it the entire season? Really sucks, but he's been decent, just not quite as good as we've previously seen.

Maybe I'm just pulling that out of my ass but I thought I read something along those lines.
Yeah his hip will give him trouble until he can get it fixed in the offseason(surgery?)

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
As good as Bozak is at faceoffs, I think he is causing many offensive problems for that line. Often he can't get to rebounds or chances in front of the net, loses it very easily in the cycle, and often can't handle the passes which Kessel and Van Riemsdyk give him.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Phaneuf has been good, he has a lot on his plate every night playing with rookie inexperienced d-men and shutting down opposition players.

I think Phaneuf has been nothing short of solid this year, especially defensively.

Kessel on the other hand has been dogging it the last little while and he needs to pick up the slack. I think when Lupul comes back it will help him greatly.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Kessel 5 and 17 in 23 games. Projects to...

18 goals 61 points in 82 games. Not terrible, not on Kessel's level though, about 17 goals and 4 assists short of what we were expecting his OPF to be this year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would much rather Phil Kessel has a 5 goal season in a 48 game season and us make the playoffs then Phil Kessel to have a 20 goal season in a 48 game season and us miss

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Kessel is doing what we need him to do for us to win. That being, take the focus of the top defensive units and let Kadri go to work against the weaker pairings.

Its the Grabo line that needs to step up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->