how long does brendan smith have?

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
You think Smith would have any trade value for a guy like Kulikov in Florida? I'm just throwing this out there and seeing what anyone thinks :laugh: though I think it might be more of the same except Kulikov has more NHL experience.

You would be correct. While Kulikov has shown he has the potential to be a #1 Dman he has yet to fully assert himself. From what I can gather he's bounced in and out of the panthers top 4 but he could be classified as an offensive #4 dman who will make bad decisions in his own zone. He could still end up as a #1 Dman, though it's more likely he's a #2 & needs a steady defencman with him at all times, but he is only 23 years old and is a 4 year veteran of the league.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I would try DD with Quincey, as Dekeyser's been the only guy paired with Q that didn't look horrible. then just move Kronwall/Smith/Kindl/Ericsson around and see if we can hit on a couple of pairs that work.

I keep wondering if something couldn't be worked out with Florida. there was that rumor they were looking to dump vets, and we have a bunch of guys whose deals expire after this year. Campbell is probably not a possibility, but if they do dump a bunch of their vets, they might need to take a contract or two on just to meet the floor. And Quincey would be a decent short term investment for that purpose.

That's true. If they moved Campbell and any two of Versteeg, Kopecky, and Flash, they'd have to add at least $6M in cap space in return. But I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do with all that movement.

So sad. If it weren't for having Sammy, it would be feasible for us to add Campbell as long as they took Quincey...along with the young roster player and pick/prospect that they'd surely ask for.

I certainly wouldn't mind looking into Byfuglien either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad