How Long Can the Penguins & Wings stay over the Cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Cap Friendly shows the Wings and Pens over the cap by $5.5M/$4.5M (cap ceiling of $73M) (https://www.capfriendly.com/). Wings have a 22 man roster and Pens have a 23 man roster. How long will the NHL allow them to operate with cap overages? It's one thing to be over by $1M (+/-) but $4.5 and $5.5 are a huge amount to work around. Am I missing something here or will we be seeing some trades here soon?

Also, I'm very curious to see what the Pens do between Fleury (NMC and has to be protected in upcoming expansion draft) and Murray who's will be left unprotected. I suspect JR is trying to trade Fleury but there are no takers so the next logical trade is Murray but that still leaves them with a cap problem. It should get interesting!

Anybody have any info on this?

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Cap Friendly shows the Wings and Pens over the cap by $5.5M/$4.5M (cap ceiling of $73M) (https://www.capfriendly.com/). Wings have a 22 man roster and Pens have a 23 man roster. How long will the NHL allow them to operate with cap overages? It's one thing to be over by $1M (+/-) but $4.5 and $5.5 are a huge amount to work around. Am I missing something here or will we be seeing some trades here soon?

Also, I'm very curious to see what the Pens do between Fleury (NMC and has to be protected in upcoming expansion draft) and Murray who's will be left unprotected. I suspect JR is trying to trade Fleury but there are no takers so the next logical trade is Murray but that still leaves them with a cap problem. It should get interesting!

Anybody have any info on this?

How can the wings be over the cap? They have barely any vets or good players that warrant a high salary.

Remember how 5 years ago Holland was the gold standard for GM's?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How can the wings be over the cap? They have barely any vets or good players that warrant a high salary.

Look at the link I posted from Cap Friendly. The one suspect guy who should be listed as long term injury reserve is N Kronwall. His salary is $4.75M so maybe its an error on the site? Other than that, you'll be surprise at some of the salaries posted.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wings are not over the cap. They have Franzen, Jurco and Vitale on LTIR which puts them right under the cap.

Those barely any good players are on a 5 game winning streak tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad