How long before Vegas misses the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I don’t think this is the case. What happened in Vegas was a sports miracle. That will never happen again. That’s some Hollywood movie script stuff we witnessed.
Doubt it with the current rules its easy to find teams with 2 very good goalies and that's enough to start a competitive team there along with players from deep teams that they can't protect and that's not including the picks that they will acquire for teams to take certain players.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Doubt it with the current rules its easy to find teams with 2 very good goalies and that's enough to start a competitive team there along with players from deep teams that they can't protect and that's not including the picks that they will acquire for teams to take certain players.
Competitive sure. Vegas went to the finals year 1. That’s never going to happen again.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Might be a long time. They have a lot going for them.

1. The players love playing there. It's just a great place to be a rich person no doubt.
2. No tax
3. They don't take no shit from under performers I'll tell you that. Coaches or players. At least that's how it seems. Do they have a single contract that's an albatross?

I honestly don't know what it is but they have the secret sauce. I don't know if they just identify through personality or see it in their games. Or if the culture just brings it out of the players.
But everything they touch turns to gold.. or silver.. or at the worst bronze.

Edmonton is a good example of the opposite. Especially the decade of darkness.
Everything they touch turns to shit. UFA signings, trades etc. Players just go to Edmonton and under perform. Don't know the reason for sure. Too cold, too dark, organization too hard on them.. or too soft.

Put it this way.. if Edmonton trades for Pacioretty and signs him to that contract it would be an albatross contract by now. He'd play like shit. No idea why for sure. Hates the place, Org is a disaster, wife keeps telling him she wants good shopping and they all get frustrated and miserable haha.

Vegas can motivate players in ways Edmonton can't imo. You like it here? you like no taxes? you like shopping? Play your ass off!
Edmonton is like.. oh please thanks for coming.. please play hard.. sorry it's cold haha. If you don't we'll unload you! (players like.. whatever)

I think this is one of the reasons the sun belt teams have been so dominant while the Canadian teams struggle a lot.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
When Kings won the cup in 2012 and again in 2014 there was talk of dynasty, same with the Hawks, the one thing Knights have going for them is some reasonable cap hits.

They do have a couple of long term deals that may not look so good in about 4 years, but Vegas is built to win it now if they are hog tied a bit on a couple of contracts down the road so be it, they gave Pietro a retirement deal to help them try to win the cup now.

They have done a great job putting the pieces together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad