How long before Shero feels the pressure? Fire Shero?

How long until you hold him accountable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I'm at the point where I hope we get smoked tonight against Vegas and we HAVE to fire Hynes. If they don't fire him after these last two cluster ****s then he's here all year. If that's the case then open the gates and have fire sale.

Eh..no, we're already past that point. He's here to stay.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What's funny is how much worse Detroit's roster is. That's why I laugh at people calling for Blashill's head.

The Devils have 3 top 4 dmen....maybe 4 if you argue Greene/Butcher. The Wings have MAYBE 1. Maybe.

And then you have the forwards....

Exactly. Detroit has the worst roster in the league, AIAEC. They have some excuses for where they are. We have none. The only reason we're this bad is because Shero insists on hanging on to the worst coach in the league.

Reactions: Maine Fan and mtnet

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
You have to salvage something. Time is your most precious resource. Nico, Bratt, Hughes, Blackwood, Boqvist, (maybe Zacha [I love the guy and I thought yesterday was trash from him])..they all need to make strides. Just forget about the games and makes sure every practice is useful.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Changed my vote - Shero has done nothing to address what is the worst tire fire this franchise has seen - and that is saying alot.

There's no obvious Lemaire waiting in the wings either.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Shero has pretty much torched any good will he ever had with me at this point by not canning these clowns a month ago. I don't care what NHL experienced coaches are available, assemble an interim crew from outside the organization to clear the air, and in the offseason begin courting the replacements.

Shero's been around, I'm sure he could muster an interim coaching staff if he wanted, but I guess he doesn't want to. Keeping Hynes and pals is a full blown loser tank move and we've all had it with that shit. Keep those trade offers for Hall coming in but in the meantime, sweep these inept coaches out of here asap.

If not, then the plan was always to go full sixers and continue to tank for years on end. Sneaking into the playoffs was the aberration, the current situation must be the norm of what Ray really envisioned. Prove me wrong and do something, or validate the intended tank further by continuing to do nothing.

Moves made during the offseason and all that hot air about competing is meaningless is they allow this to go on.

Reactions: Khione

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
My thought process keeps going back to Hynes, not Shero. This lineup is too good to be a last place team. That's coaching at this point. Obviously Shero needs to do something NOW and probably should've sooner but there's no justification for this team being THIS bad outside of coaching.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Shero has pretty much torched any good will he ever had with me at this point by not canning these clowns a month ago. I don't care what NHL experienced coaches are available, assemble an interim crew from outside the organization to clear the air, and in the offseason begin courting the replacements.

Shero's been around, I'm sure he could muster an interim coaching staff if he wanted, but I guess he doesn't want to. Keeping Hynes and pals is a full blown loser tank move and we've all had it with that ****. Keep those trade offers for Hall coming in but in the meantime, sweep these inept coaches out of here asap.

If not, then the plan was always to go full sixers and continue to tank for years on end. Sneaking into the playoffs was the aberration, the current situation must be the norm of what Ray really envisioned. Prove me wrong and do something, or validate the intended tank further by continuing to do nothing.

Moves made during the offseason and all that hot air about competing is meaningless is they allow this to go on.

Not sure why the 76ers are being brought up as a negative. They are legit very good now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
My thought process keeps going back to Hynes, not Shero. This lineup is too good to be a last place team. That's coaching at this point. Obviously Shero needs to do something NOW and probably should've sooner but there's no justification for this team being THIS bad outside of coaching.

I don’t know where this roster should top off, but they should not be keeping the Wings and Kings company in the basement.

This roster is not even close to as bad as those.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don’t know where this roster should top off, but they should not be keeping the Wings and Kings company in the basement.

This roster is not even close to as bad as those.
Exactly. Would we be too 4 in Metro? Probably not but last in the conference? I'd think no.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I’m now at the point that I hope he suffers the same fate that he did in Pittsburgh. You don’t want to move on from the coach? Fine then, your replacement will. This franchise is a circus right now.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Not sure why the 76ers are being brought up as a negative. They are legit very good now.

They are, but we can't say that means the process will necessarily pan out the same in hockey for the Devils as it did for the Sixers

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
They are, but we can't say that means the process will necessarily pan out the same in hockey for the Devils as it did for the Sixers
Precisely. And saying the sixers are good right now...ok come back to me in 10 years let’s see if there was long term ongoing success and if it resulted in any championships, that’s the only thing that would make a >5 year tank job worth it.

Reactions: Khione

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
Is it possible we can have a Blues turnaround?

EicvpfH.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad