How long before Shero feels the pressure? Fire Shero?

How long until you hold him accountable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Every passing day that this clown is still our coach it gets harder and harder to defend Shero and his judgement. I admire his loyalty to his people but that only goes so far.

That is not an admirable trait if that loyalty is not based on performance success. In such a context "loyalty" becomes a euphemism for "retaining someone unqualified for the job because he's my buddy or family". Not ethical at all.

Do the owners or Ray even get worked up about losing the Rangers more than any other team? I don't think the hate for rivals permeates up and down this franchise like it did prior to these guys arriving in town trying to turn this organization into a milktoast Shittsburgh clone. To them this last loss was probably no worse or different than any of the others this season.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
When you’re unwilling to do what needs to be done, you are just as much a part of the problem. What’s happening now should be no surprise to anyone. It’s been painfully obvious for so long now that the coaching staff is not NHL quality, yet Shero has refused to do the right thing by this franchise and its paying customers. He should pay the price as well.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
When you’re unwilling to do what needs to be done, you are just as much a part of the problem. What’s happening now should be no surprise to anyone. It’s been painfully obvious for so long now that the coaching staff is not NHL quality, yet Shero has refused to do the right thing by this franchise and its paying customers. He should pay the price as well.

100% on this

Reactions: mtnet

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I havent voted on this poll yet. But if Shero doesnt fire Hynes within 24 hours, then he must go to.

Over to you Jack Bauer.

8pXQ.gif

Reactions: glenwo2

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
It's a about 40 minutes after the game ended which is plenty of time for Shero to fire Hynes. That this hasn't happened is conclusive evidence that Ray Shero is absolutely incompetent and needs to be fired. Anyone who think he is capable of building a winning should not be involved in any discussion of anything hockey related, or anything reality related.

Ray Shero is a coward and a loser. He destroyed this franchise.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It's a about 40 minutes after the game ended which is plenty of time for Shero to fire Hynes. That this hasn't happened is conclusive evidence that Ray Shero is absolutely incompetent and needs to be fired. Anyone who think he is capable of building a winning should not be involved in any discussion of anything hockey related, or anything reality related.

Ray Shero is a coward and a loser. He destroyed this franchise.

Why are you holding back and just hinting at your true feelings?

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
This organization has no vision for winning. Do they ever even talk about winning (Ray or the owners or anyone else in a leadership position)? Isn't that the most important aspect of running a sports club?
There were signs at the Rock about Hynes having No Passion and No System. I think that's a better descriptor of Shero.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Right now I’m convinced that ownership tricked the majority of us by green lighting spending some money and the plan all along was to just let it ride this season. If they out performed internal expectations, then great. If they bottomed out, then we remain status quo and get another top 5 pick. I really can’t come up with any other reason Hynes would still be here (besides the obvious Shero doesn’t know what he’s doing with coaches).

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'm at the point where I hope we get smoked tonight against Vegas and we HAVE to fire Hynes. If they don't fire him after these last two cluster f***s then he's here all year. If that's the case then open the gates and have fire sale.

ghughes20

Jul 12, 2013
I'm at the point where I hope we get smoked tonight against Vegas and we HAVE to fire Hynes. If they don't fire him after these last two cluster ****s then he's here all year. If that's the case then open the gates and have fire sale.

Maybe the plan is to keep Hynes so that we can loose for Lafrenière?

In all seriousness, it seems like the sharks are circling and it's only a matter of time before Hynes is let go.

I like the man, Hynes, but he's clearly lost this team and hasn't implemented a system that suits the players.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I'm at the point where I hope we get smoked tonight against Vegas and we HAVE to fire Hynes. If they don't fire him after these last two cluster ****s then he's here all year. If that's the case then open the gates and have fire sale.

i honestly can't see this team winning a hockey game right now so im rather convinced they will shit the bed.. ... but i agree if they lose tonight and Hynes remains.. then he is gonna be here the whole season.. the worst thing is the devils have had zero injuries this season .. pretty much been very healthy that doesn't happen every year and they are wasting the good fortune..

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

If Hynes stays then Shero needs to make some roster changes immediately ... I would start by getting best package possible for Hall.. maybe a #1 pick, a top goalie prospect, and middling forward. ? but I'm starting to think we have to trade for a budding goalie. can't have Blackwood has the only adequate goalie in system.. man are we paying back the hockey gods for Marty or what.? ( i hope new england patriots pay for brady one day)

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

they should have fired him 2/3 weeks ago I am really starting to doubt he will be fired.. if they lose tonight and he remains buckle in

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Listen - if we're tanking, Shero should just come out and say as much.

Because there's just no other justification for keeping Hynes at this point.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
they should have fired him 2/3 weeks ago I am really starting to doubt he will be fired.. if they lose tonight and he remains buckle in
I was on board with that and also mentioned Thanksgivingish as sort of a finish line of sorts. That extended into this week but with a bit of a break after tonight it makes sense to gas him now when we lose tonight. If they don't I think he's here for the rest of the year which would be a tremendous waste of a year.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Shero likely bought into Cory being capable this season as evidenced by allowing him to billet Hughes. In all fairness, for two periods, Cory did look good. Then the wheels came off the wagon quickly and it's been a mess since then.

Aside from buying into Cory having a reasonable chance of staying healthy, which a number of us did (me included), I'm pretty convinced Shero made the offseason moves for Simmonds, PK, and Gusev to try to get better quickly to give Hall a better team showing in an effort to get him to extend. In the abstract, none of those deals seem bad to me in terms of acquisition cost, even with PK's struggles this season. That said, I'm not convinced Shero makes those moves if Hall had an additional year left on his deal and I'm not sure those moves played into the bigger picture process of team building as opposed to just the players available at the time.

Layer that all into Shero allowing Hynes to twist in the wind and it's not a great season. I don't think ownership is blaming Shero for this or Hynes would have been gone already. I'm not sure they paid attention until the other night when someone snuck in vodka in a Perrier bottle. Even then who knows if he remembers anything other than the Perrier was really kicking.

I feel sorry for Hynes at this point and short of a miracle turn around you'd think the team would be doing him a favor relieving him of his duties after tonight.

He also miscalculated that he could bury the Hall contract saga. Recall he said it wouldn’t be a daily topic during a training camp interview. At this point it’s the only topic the out of town media wants to cover about the team. This was a pretty big moment of naivety on his part.

There are also ongoing questions about team building - like a glut of 5’9” slow defenders and a glut of small to smallish finesse wingers of various speed - but I can chalk that up to the ongoing nature of building a team. Last season the team was terrible. Did anyone think the rebuilding process was over? At a minimum you probably expected additional changes on defense.

Shero certainly bears some responsibility for this mess but it's easy to second guess anything with 20/20 hindsight.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Conte

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

We will get smoked tonight. And the game after that and the game after. The Buffalo game was the one where this team totally gave up. Shero now has a last place club on his hands. The only thing that can change that (other than canning Hynes) is Detroit managing to somehow be worse.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
We will get smoked tonight. And the game after that and the game after. The Buffalo game was the one where this team totally gave up. Shero now has a last place club on his hands. The only thing that can change that (other than canning Hynes) is Detroit managing to somehow be worse.
What's funny is how much worse Detroit's roster is. That's why I laugh at people calling for Blashill's head.

The Devils have 3 top 4 dmen....maybe 4 if you argue Greene/Butcher. The Wings have MAYBE 1. Maybe.

And then you have the forwards....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad