How is there not a JVR appreciation thread going?

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Me too -- Muy apreciado, JVR.

Ottawa
7x6ZOdw.png

Florida
Y9xbIjg.png

Awesome pics.

If I remember correctly the leafs went on a bit of a slump at the end of the 2016-17 season and almost missed the playoffs. JVR picked up the pace and went on a tear scoring a bunch of goals in the last 10 games or so, to keep us in the hunt and earn us a date with the Capitals in the post season.

Salute JVR

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Probly cause

1. not a big game player.
2. shit on defence (no effort despite having a big body).
3. saved most of his production for his contract year.

great hands in close though.

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I was pouring a wall with a fellow Leaf fan and after moving the pump truck hose around
some sticking out rebar told him I got some JVR on my workboot.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Well he's been on for 81 goals for and 44 against. However 36 of them have been on the power-play. It leads his plus/minus to be -3. He's not any where close to all the goals scored against while Marleau has been on the ice, but perhaps has had easier opposition? I think it's a little hard to fall in love with someone who's leaving you.

I'm still in love with Kessel

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
We will miss him on the power play, no doubt about it. He offers something very few can offer down low. He is finese winger; great around the net. Great at finishing and finding those rebounds, deflecting in goals and has a good shot.

That said; the cost of this was having a pretty terrible, slow, defensive player in the top 9.

He's like like the 1B that just mash's home runs that has a terrible batting average and can't play defense. He's good; but there are holes.

Last edited:

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
We will miss him on the power play, no doubt about it. He offers something very few can offer down low. He is finese winger; great around the net. Great at finishing and finding those rebounds, deflecting in goals and has a good shot.

That said; the cost off this was having a pretty terrible, slow, defensive player in the top 9.

He's like like the 1B that just mash's home runs that has a terrible batting average and can't play defense. He's good; but there are holes.

Love that analogy

Reactions: Leafblooded

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad