How is there not a JVR appreciation thread going?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Well he's been on for 81 goals for and 44 against. However 36 of them have been on the power-play. It leads his plus/minus to be -3. He's not any where close to all the goals scored against while Marleau has been on the ice, but perhaps has had easier opposition? I think it's a little hard to fall in love with someone who's leaving you.

Last edited:
Reactions: White Shadow

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I’ll appreciate it more in the playoffs
Watching JVR in the playoffs last season, he really wasn't going to the net. If he had the puck, he was often shooting it from the boards. He wasn't going any deeper then the face-off circle and I think it was intentionally being done to compensate for his lack of speed. His scoring pace dropped, but his +/- went up. If he can manage to be an even player 5-on-5, he'll contribute on the PP.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
He was scoring like he always does but these last 10 games or so he has just turned it up a notch, making good defensive plays, forechecking etc. He finally looks like the best player on that line and it is really boosting the whole team. All 3 lines are going strong and sooner or later plakenic will kick in too. Looking pretty good for now!!

Reactions: cookie

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
He is going to get paid good money come free agency.

I feel it is just for that reason he has upped his game in the last month or so, or it may have been the injury to Matthews forcing him to take up some extra responsibility.
Either way he is looking great

Reactions: Leafs1993

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Anyway guy has had one hell of a season and has been smoking hot over the last couple of weeks. Who knows what next season holds but until then I have been quite pleased with his season this year.

It’s because he’s a scapegoat on this board for anything that goes wrong during the year.

The extreme positions taken by his critics are absurd.

You can’t appreciate a scapegoat.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I was one of those people who said don't trade him and use him as their own rental.

I was one of those who said trade him. Maybe I was wrong. Regardless, kudos to him for scoring the way he has as we wind up the season. I hope he's able to continue this hot streak into the playoffs, while not hurting the team defensively.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Hindsight is 20-20.
It certainly wasn't hindsight on managements side, in fact they had foresight.

Last nights panel mentioned if JVR can get to 40 goals, he'd be the only guy in the whole history of the nhl to score 40 while averaging less than 16 minutes of playing time per game.

That would put him in elite company...

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Apparently he’s close to setting a record for most goals scored per minutes played !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad