How is the off-season acquisition on your team looked so far?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
How I imagine Sens fans reading this:
pejxB.gif

We had one offseason acquisition though. Which is more than than what the Wings did. ;):p:

Having said that, i wish we didn't sign Legwand.

BurghThang

Dec 14, 2013
Hornqvist A
Comeau A
Ehrhoff B+
Downie B-
Spaling C+
Greiss C+
Klinkhammer Incomplete

Overall, the Pens new guys have been a solid sucess

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Subraction of: Shero, Bylsma, Niskanen, Orpik, Glass, Kobasew, Gibbons, etc has been all amazing for the team.

The Addition of: Rutherford, Johnston (and his assistants), Comeau, Downie, Spaling, Hornqvist, Ehrhoff, Greiss...they've all been better than advertised, Spaling gets a lot of hate, but the guy is consistent at being a forward version of Paul Martin.

But mostly...Downie and Comeau have been awesome, just absolutely fantastic free agent signings and Ehrhoff as well, just awesome and I would like to see all 3 extended 2 more years.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Iginla-He's producing enough right now and is worth his contract.
Stuart-He's a fairly effective bottom pairing D
Briere-Better than expected
Redmond-A significant upgrade to our D

On paper Avs got better. In reality their young core players are not producing, and that's killing them.

What happened to that thread that projects Nate Mackinnon as having a better career than Crosby? Shouldn't he be putting up close to a ppg this year?

I gotta find that thread.

Thread for laughs - http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1595773

BurghThang

Dec 14, 2013
The Subraction of: Shero, Bylsma, Niskanen, Orpik, Glass, Kobasew, Gibbons, etc has been all amazing for the team.

The Addition of: Rutherford, Johnston (and his assistants), Comeau, Downie, Spaling, Hornqvist, Ehrhoff, Greiss...they've all been better than advertised, Spaling gets a lot of hate, but the guy is consistent at being a forward version of Paul Martin.

But mostly...Downie and Comeau have been awesome, just absolutely fantastic free agent signings and Ehrhoff as well, just awesome and I would like to see all 3 extended 2 more years.

Give me Gibbons and take Sill please :)

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Orpik and Niskanen have been wonderful on the Caps. I guess pen fans were done with them, sometimes a player just runs his course in a city but it doesn't mean he's finished.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Gleason - A. Given what expectations were the fact that he's looked like a damn good #5 and even a competent #4 at times this season is big for a team that's been just flat out otherwise disappointing.

McClement - B. Exactly as advertised. Excellent PKer and faceoff guy... and no discernible offense to speak of.

Malone - C-. Stereotypical replacement level 4th line grinder... which is sadly about all anyone expected of him this year.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
The Pens new players have looked real solid and the coaching staff was something that should have been done 2 years ago. Really don't miss Shero/Bylsma

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
As a Leafs fan, not sure where to start... The team has practically an entirely new top-6. Komarov, Winnik, Santorelli have all been terrific pick-ups for the team and are all pretty cheap. All 3 of them give the Leafs reliable two-way play, penalty killing and good depth offense, and you know they come to play every night. Panik is from the waiver wire and has been great for the Leafs too, very skilled for a guy in his role and he could come in handy if the Leafs lose a couple wingers to injury.

Polak has been pretty solid, although I'm still not sold on that trade.

Robidas has been okay, the Leafs needed a defensemen like him and he seems like a good presence in the locker room, he has done his job but hasn't exceeded expectations the way the other free agent signings have.

Jury is still out on Booth because he really hasn't played much yet, in terms of GP or TOI.

Ummm, what? 5 of top 6 are the same as last year, not sure I follow you.

That being said komarov has been awesome, as has santorelli. The def has been meh, polka a little good, robidas a little bad. Kinda evens out.

The big thing is I think the guys acquired bring that lunchbox mentality, and has spread through the locker room. These guys seem to be open to coaching and just doing what's asked of them. Finally we're seeing what carlyles coaching can produce......the number one offence in the league.

I'll be extremely disappointed if Carlyle isn't in Adams discussion at the end of the year.

Last edited:

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Cammalleri - Good.
Havlat - He's been ok.

Volchenkov B

Guy has played solid. Gives us a good physical presence that can kill penalties and stay at home. Can't really argue with this signing.

Mark Fayne - Quality defender. Extremely consistent. Should be getting more icetime.

Nice to see Volch and Fayne doing well. Turns out, the Devils miss them more than we expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad