How is the off-season acquisition on your team looked so far?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Players acquired through trade since the draft, free agent signings, trades this year etc.

So anyone willing to discuss. :)

Ducks

Ryan Kesler: A
Nate Thompson: C
Clayton Stoner: C
Dany Heatley: F

Trades after season started
Rene Bourque: F
Colby Robak: C
Eric Brewer: Incomplete

member 116861

Iginla - The guy isn't very good but almost all of our forwards suck.

Briere - I can't complain, he is better than Parenteau and his contract expires this year.

Stuart - A lot better than I expected but he is still a 3rd pairing defenseman at best.

Redmond - Great pickup. I really love his game and he is a great 3rd pairing defenseman.

Winchester - Haven't gotten a chance to see him yet because he has been injured the whole season.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lehtera - Been excellent, very nice surprise for us.

Stastny - Started off good, got injured, and has been disappointing since then. Doesn't have the best linemates though, so hopefully he picks it up soon.

Gunnarsson - Been pretty good, although he's now injured again.

Chris Butler - Recently called up after the Leopold trade and he actually looks a lot better now. Very surprised by how well he's played.

Joakim Lindstrom - Not very good at all.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Jiri Sekac has been really good. Only 22 but already one of our best 2 way player.

Gilbert has been good. He's better than what he is given credit for. Expected more offensively though.

Malhotra: Except for faceoffs, he sucks and bring absolutely nothing.

Parenteau: He's better than Briere defensively so there is that. Both guys provide the same production so there is that.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hartnell has been very good, fitting in nicely. I believe he still holds the team lead in assists.

D'Amigo was utter crap and will not be missed.

Gibbons has shown flashes and has been a capable forechecker, but has yet to actually produce anything, and is now the latest casualty of the injury curse.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Vanek is basically what i thought he would be before we signed him. Thomas Vanish is dany heatley 2.0

Karlsson2Turris*

Chasson - Solid. Good net presence and has nice hands.

Legwand - Horrible start to the year. Has been meh lately.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Iginla-He's producing enough right now and is worth his contract.
Stuart-He's a fairly effective bottom pairing D
Briere-Better than expected
Redmond-A significant upgrade to our D

On paper Avs got better. In reality their young core players are not producing, and that's killing them.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
For Islanders

Boychuk and Leddy were great pickups and exactly what we need so I would score them A

Kulemon and Grabovski might be overpaid but the give our team good depth so I rate them a solid B- for now, probably will have a different opinion when we have to sign some of the younger guys and we see how much these 2 are making. Hindsight being 20/20 we really didn't need another center with the emergence of Nelson and Strome so Grabovski sort of being misused, but in the big picture it nice having that depth incase a Tavares or Nielsen go down

Chad Johnson hasn't really provided us good backup besides 1 game so I give him an F

Conacher was useless so he gets a F-

DarkHorse

Go Banana!
Jul 15, 2003
For Islanders

Boychuk and Leddy were great pickups and exactly what we need so I would score them A

Kulemon and Grabovski might be overpaid but the give our team good depth so I rate them a solid B- for now, probably will have a different opinion when we have to sign some of the younger guys and we see how much these 2 are making. Hindsight being 20/20 we really didn't need another center with the emergence of Nelson and Strome so Grabovski sort of being misused, but in the big picture it nice having that depth incase a Tavares or Nielsen go down

Chad Johnson hasn't really provided us good backup besides 1 game so I give him an F

Conacher was useless so he gets a F-

Aren't you forgetting someone?

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
:canes

McClement - Solid defensively and on faceoffs, not much offensive contribution, but he fills a bottom 6 center role pretty well

Malone - Works his butt off and plays with a physical edge, but has no discernible hockey skills

Gleason - Solid on the bottom pair, looks better in a Hurricanes uniform than he has in a couple of years

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Halak, Boychuk, Leddy, Grabovski, and Kulemin have collectively been huge for the Isles' early success.

Johnson has really struggled after coming out of the gates strong.

Conacher was a phenomenal skater and was willing to go to the dirty areas, but lacked any offensive flow.

Skille was put on waivers. I would have liked to see him kept over Conacher personally.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
:blues

Paul Stastny - Hasn't found his game yet. Part of that was dealing with an injury. I think he's starting to pick it up as of late.

Jori Lehtera - Easily surpassing my expectations. Instant chemistry with Tarasenko. Pretty happy with him overall

Carl Gunnarsson - Played very very well all year. He's been rock steady. Shame he got concussed. Hope he comes back the same player

Chris Butler - Playing much better than expected. Serviceable 6th defenceman who is normally the 7th guy when everyone is healthy.

Martin Brodeur - Some good, some bad. I think his biggest help will come from what Jake Allen learns from him. He won't be around when Elliott comes back.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Dan Boyle has been up and down, but you can see he's right there. He's only played like 13 games because of injury so, he's still rounding into form. Personally I like his game a lot, just need more of him being "on."

Tanner Glass has been the worst acquisition in a long time.

Stempniak has been good. He's very hot and cold, some games he's busting his ass and making things happen, others he's invisible. But his line of Hagelin-Hayes-Stempniak has arguably been the Rangers most consistent performance wise based on role (3rd line cycling and getting some chances). He's a great value at 900k. He's making 500k LESS than GLASS!

Kevin Hayes has been awesome. He's literally gotten better and better every game. From looking like he needed a year of AHL seasoning during the pre season to now being very solid every game. Super happy with his play and the fact that we got him and he will hopefully be a good part of the team going forward.

Matt Hunwick has possibly stolen John Moore's job, although both are ticking time bombs of giveaways.

Mike Kostka can GTFO, thank go he's in Hartford.

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
Flames

Hiller B+ - Better at the start but is looking more like a good backup than a starter
Raymond C - Good at the start, dreadful since he returned
Engelland F - 2.9 million for 3 years for a player that shouldn't be in the lineup.
Bollig F - Wasted a perfectly good 3rd round pick for a pressbox player.
Setoguchi F- - not in the NHL any more.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
What's an off-season acquisition? (Wings fan)

How I imagine Sens fans reading this:
pejxB.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
:avs

Iginla - Historically a slow starter, pretty much doing as expected so far. He should pick it up moving forward, but he's playing to a better pace then he was last year at this time, so he's certainly not a disappointment by any means.

Redmond - Fantastic pickup. Probably our 4th best Dman behind EJ, Barrie, and Stuart. Great Offensive player, and decent enough Defensively for a #4/5 role. For 700K he's a steal.

Briere - Also a great move, PAP was a disaster defensively, and only effective in the Top 6. Briere is much better defensively, puts more effort in, and can play any role you give him well. Good trade for us.

Berra - Awful pickup.

Winchester - Han't played a game yet, been hurt all season. Cant really comment on him yet.

Stuart - Solid pickup, dunno why he was given such an ugly name in San Jose. Much better skater then he was portrayed, solid Defensively and on the PK. Not much offense, but solid in his own zone.

Everberg - Awesome pickup, good 3/4 liner already, and still young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad