How is Sweden down the middle compared to other countries?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll take the superstar and then some merely good players over the Czech depth at center right now.
I know he's better than Hertl/Krejci... however, those guys aren't exactly stumps. All Stars, Stanley Cup Champions... covetted players.

Saying 1 Centre is better than 4 Centres is a bit optimistic. Eg. McDavid is the best C in the NHL and has made the playoffs once in his career. You need more than 1C. And Edmonton's second C was RNH who is also excellent.

Reactions: Goodman68 and Lambo

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Germany could pass the Czechs but it hasn't happened yet.
It's definitely a possibility.. this draft has 3 or 4 guys going very early! If they develop well with Seider then the German's best on best team could be very good. 2 very solid NHL goalies as well.

I think the next few years look to have excellent prospects as well.. definitely a program on the rise and I felt their U20 team clearly out played us and deserved to win. Going into this draft, German's are a notch above us and I think that might happen next season too! We don't have anything resembling a Seider.

Having said that... they had Drai and Grubauer at the last World's and we beat them 5-1 in the quarters.

We didn't have Hertl or Krejci for that game but they had Drai at 1C. Our 1C was Dominik Simon followed by Faksa, Kovar and Zohorna. Not one of those guys would be a Top 3 C for us in a best on best.

IIHF - Game Centre 2019 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Note: This isn't bragging or going against the german's. I'm a big fan of their emerging program. I'm also an Oiler's fan and love Drai. Just trying to point out to the other poster that having Leon as your 1C doesn't make you better than an entire team.

Reactions: Goodman68

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
I know he's better than Hertl/Krejci... however, those guys aren't exactly stumps. All Stars, Stanley Cup Champions... covetted players.

Saying 1 Centre is better than 4 Centres is a bit optimistic. Eg. McDavid is the best C in the NHL and has made the playoffs once in his career. You need more than 1C. And Edmonton's second C was RNH who is also excellent.
Yes im doubt that McDavid could to heave f.e. Red Wings in Play Offs ;). A good balanced team is the key and the Top-Star is the cream topping.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's definitely a possibility.. this draft has 3 or 4 guys going very early! If they develop well with Seider then the German's best on best team could be very good. 2 very solid NHL goalies as well.

I think the next few years look to have excellent prospects as well.. definitely a program on the rise and I felt their U20 team clearly out played us and deserved to win. Going into this draft, German's are a notch above us and I think that might happen next season too! We don't have anything resembling a Seider.

Having said that... they had Drai and Grubauer at the last World's and we beat them 5-1 in the quarters.

We didn't have Hertl or Krejci for that game but they had Drai at 1C. Our 1C was Dominik Simon followed by Faksa, Kovar and Zohorna. Not one of those guys would be a Top 3 C for us in a best on best.

IIHF - Game Centre 2019 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Note: This isn't bragging or going against the german's. I'm a big fan of their emerging program. I'm also an Oiler's fan and love Drai. Just trying to point out to the other poster that having Leon as your 1C doesn't make you better than an entire team.

Fair enough my comment was about centers in isolation as per the OP but that does leave it very wide open for speculation as the real world doesn't work that way.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Fair enough my comment was about centers in isolation as per the OP but that does leave it very wide open for speculation as the real world doesn't work that way.
You're probably right.. I'm a bit out of context.

Still... if I only look at Centres... I'd take Hertl/Krejci/Chytil/Necas over Drai/Kahun/Reider/Sturm. For the Czechs that leaves Zacha/Faksa/Simon/Jan Kovar not in the Centre mix.

Also, this was about Sweden... I'm sorry for the threadjack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->