How is Mikael Granlund doing in this year

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Can anyone who's seen him play this year say how he's playing, i know he missed some time with the concussion and it sucked not seeing him at WJC, as a Wild fan just want to know how he's progressing and playing after his rookie year.

thank you in advance

member 30781

According to hockeydb.com he has 19 points in 23 games.

FrankTheTank

Jun 1, 2010
After the concussion he has played better than at the beginning of the season. He's got so much zeal and you can see how he's enjoying to play. He has produce points as much as the beginning of the season but his overall play seems much better. I think we will see his full potential in the spring.

Latex*

After the concussion he has played better than at the beginning of the season. He's got so much zeal and you can see how he's enjoying to play. He has produce points as much as the beginning of the season but his overall play seems much better. I think we will see his full potential in the spring.

Lol already??

Last edited by a moderator:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He's a Minnesota prospect. He'll be underrated and no one will care when he comes over.

It's like the cute chick at the party that hooks up with the fat boyfriend.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
He's doing fine, IMO he's now playing with more maturity than last year, and he still has the fire and zeal he had last year. He's a hard worker and a great athlete who is incredibly talented so I don't see why he wouldn't have a good chance to make the NHL, or why he would be any worse a prospect than he was before. Theres no need to be worried.

PortlandWinterHawks

Dec 4, 2010
James Sheppard was drafted way earlier than he was supposed to be. A non-factor player to be honest, overhyped because of rare combination of size/strength and playmaking but could not succeed at the NHL level where everything is a lot faster.

Mikkael Granlund is one of the smartest players in last years draft class and sees the game so well which translates to NHL success. 2nd line player at worst with superstar potential if footspeed increases.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
James Sheppard was drafted way earlier than he was supposed to be. A non-factor player to be honest, overhyped because of rare combination of size/strength and playmaking but could not succeed at the NHL level where everything is a lot faster.

Mikkael Granlund is one of the smartest players in last years draft class and sees the game so well which translates to NHL success. 2nd line player at worst with superstar potential if footspeed increases.

From what I can remember, James Sheppard was drafted exactly where he was supposed to be drafted. TSN ranked him 11th, while CSS rankings had him 9th (he was drafted 9th overall)

I don't think there was anything wrong with Sheppard as a prospect.

I think the previous Wild GM did a poor job by rushing Sheppard into the pros. He was stuck on the 4th line or on the bench, and never really developed anything more than just 4th line or bench material, when he could have been in the juniors playing top minutes in every situation.

PortlandWinterHawks

Dec 4, 2010
I just don't think he had the type of upside a top 10 pick should have, 2nd/3rd line centers who are relatively "safe" picks in my opinion should not be drafted in the top 10. That's what his projection was.

Secondly, the previous GM did a terrible job developing James Sheppard. 4th line duties are not for prospects, the AHL is where it's at. That alone probably is the main reason he is becoming a bust.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I sure hope Granlund comes over next year and shows enough to be on the team right away or at least in AHL, we really need a 1st rounder to go our way.

n1k1

Jan 24, 2011
Yesterdays game Mikael had two assists and +/- +2
So Games Goals Assists Points
26 4 17 21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad