3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
This team sure could use Ryan Suter!

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Too soon, Rice. Too soon.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I still don't see why people want to give up on Tatar after one season. Dude brings it every night and has the ability to take over a game. I feel like he's a potential 30-30 guy on the second line. Those don't grow on trees, either.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I still don't see why people want to give up on Tatar after one season. Dude brings it every night and has the ability to take over a game. I feel like he's a potential 30-30 guy on the second line. Those don't grow on trees, either.

Nobody is giving up on him. He's simply the asset that has value that isn't named Nyquist.

Suter-Boyle
Kronwall-Ericsson
DeKeyser-Smith

:naughty:

You're a bad man.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
If that's 2010 Boyle, I'm alllllll for it.

We'd be among the favorites with that blueline.

Suter alone would have been such a huge difference. I thought we had him and I think everyone in the organization thought that we had him too. That one obviously hurt. I hate thinking about it but every time I see him play or see his name it's impossible not to think about.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes

It's not 'giving up' on him.

But Nyquist is somewhat more proven and Jurco has a higher ceiling with his size.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
It's not 'giving up' on him.

But Nyquist is somewhat more proven and Jurco has a higher ceiling with his size.

Nyquist isn't more proven. They've played the same amount of NHL games and Tatar is a full year younger. If it weren't for Nyquist's explosion the last 1/3 of the season they'd be on similar point totals. We're also assuming Nyquist is able to replicate his scoring next season, too. I wouldn't be surprised if Tatar outscores him.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Nyquist isn't more proven. They've played the same amount of NHL games and Tatar is a full year younger. If it weren't for Nyquist's explosion the last 1/3 of the season they'd be on similar point totals. We're also assuming Nyquist is able to replicate his scoring next season, too. I wouldn't be surprised if Tatar outscores him.

I said somwhat, as in barely, more proven. Nyquist's breakout season may prove to be a fluke.

But when talking trades and such Tatar is the easiest to give up. He doesn't have Nyquist's ceiling or Jurco's combination of skill and size.

I'm not at all eager to let go of Tatar but he's our primary asset available for the right player.

Thrace

Feb 21, 2012
Trade Howard for Buff, sign Ryan Miller.
Sign Vanek / Moulson.
Drop some dead weight (Kindl, Joker) for low picks.
Win?

Vanek/Moulson-Datsyuk-Jurco
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen
Tatar-Sheahan-Weiss
Abdelkader-Helm-Miller
Glendening

Kronwall-Smith
Dekeyser-Byfuglien
Ericsson-Ouellet / Marchenko
Lash / kids

Miller
Gus / Mrazek

I'm actually a big fan of Howard, but in terms of asset management I see him as expendable with Mrazek close to being an NHLer. Miller would be a two-year stopgap and we'd get our top four RD while keeping all of our prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->