How I would win back the fans for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Assuming the two side work out the deal this is what I would announce at the press conference tomorrow.

Rule changes to begin right away for the good of the game.

1) remove the Center ice line. This would improve the flow of the game and as proven byt the WJC it breaks the trap.

2) go forward with the Shoot out after a 5min overtime. I know traditionalist hate it but think back to the Peter puck days of hockey night in canada and how exciting it was to watch. Also it would help eliminate some of the grinders on the rosters as teams would have to replace a grinder on the 4th line with a smaller finesse player in case of a shoot out.

3) go forward with the smaller goalie equipment.

4) use the international rules for goalies outside the crease.They can play the puck but if they are outside the crease they can be hit. Brodeur would love to be making the breakaway passes I bet.

5) no touch icing. For the safety of the players.

6) you ice the puck no line change to stop tired teams from just icing the pucks.

7) skater shoot the puck out of the rink its a penalty just like goalies.

8) Ban those new sticks. they keep breaking anyways and this would allow goalies to have smaller equipment and not fear for their lives. This would also save teams money on stick costs. $250.00 per stick is a lot of money.

9) Award 3 points for a regtulation time win 2 points for an overtime or shoot out win and 1 point for a overtime loss, shoot out loss and tie. this would eliminate those teams playing for the tie.

10) Give every fan a 2 free beers at every game for the rest of this season. This is bound to draw fans back. Who turns down free beer. This would probably be the best gimick of them all to get the fans back.

11) get rid of the instigator rule!

12) actually call obstruction.

Last edited:

ResidentAlien*

Chayos1 said:
Assuming the two side work out the deal this is what I would announce at the press conference tomorrow.

Rule changes to begin right away for the good of the game.

1) remove the Center ice line. This would improve the flow of the game and as proven byt the WJC it breaks the trap.

2) go forward with the Shoot out after a 5min overtime. I know traditionalist hate it but think back to the Peter puck days of hockey night in canada and how exciting it was to watch. Also it would help eliminate some of the grinders on the rosters as teams would have to replace a grinder on the 4th line with a smaller finesse player in case of a shoot out.

3) go forward with the smaller goalie equipment.

4) use the international rules for goalies outside the crease.They can play the puck but if they are outside the crease they can be hit. Brodeur would love to be making the breakaway passes I bet.

5) no touch icing. For the safety of the players.

6) you ice the puck no line change to stop tired teams from just icing the pucks.

7) skater shoot the puck out of the rink its a penalty just like goalies.

8) Ban those new sticks. they keep breaking anyways and this would allow goalies to have smaller equipment and not fear for their lives. This would also save teams money on stick costs. $250.00 per stick is a lot of money.

9) Award 3 points for a regtulation time win 2 points for an overtime or shoot out win and 1 point for a overtime loss, shoot out loss and tie. this would eliminate those teams playing for the tie.

10) Give every fan a 2 free beers at every game for the rest of this season. This is bound to draw fans back. Who turns down free beer. This would probably be the best gimick of them all to get the fans back.

I would hire the nascar marketing team to get people to watch first

edit: and I hate nascar

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
#1 Make center ice $10 for the rest of the season

#2 reduce ticket prices, forever

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
How would I win back fans?

Lose 8 teams, move 2 back to canada, declare the trap illegal and pay players by the goal/pass/hit/save... they lose money for every hook/obstruction penalty.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
no13matssundin said:

Lose 8 teams, move 2 back to canada, declare the trap illegal and pay players by the goal/pass/hit/save... they lose money for every hook/obstruction penalty.

You don't win them bacause you just got rid of 6 fanbases. Now there's even less than there was before.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
no13matssundin said:

:lol:

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
You don't win them bacause you just got rid of 6 fanbases. Now there's even less than there was before.

Your first mistake is the assumption of fanbases in the 8 cities I would lose.

The second is that I care if there are fanbases there and if we lose them.

Hence the "losing 8 teams" part :)

hulkrogan

Feb 15, 2004
Losing teams means less scoring. High talent teams don't allow many goals against, a fact of life.

nuggsgalore

Apr 29, 2004
Texas
Learn from MLB

Hockey needs a Cal Ripken Jr. During and after the baseball strike Ripken would stand outside the ballpark.... even with no games being played and sign autographs and talk to fans, etc... When the games resumed players made a concerted effort to make the fans feel special. It doesn't matter whos fault the work stop is.... only the players have a connection with the fans... they are the ones that can heal the wounds.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
ResidentAlien said:
I would hire the nascar marketing team to get people to watch first

edit: and I hate nascar

That's funny, I hate NASCAR too, but I was thinking something along the same lines.

It seems to me that Hockey and NASCAR should share a very similar demographic. If the NHL could setup a partnership with NASCAR for a discounts on ticket for each other they might be able to really sell it in the south. If you could entice NASCAR fans into the arena with a promise of a 20% off NASCAR tickets and vice versa, it could be very successful.

Think it could work?

ResidentAlien*

s7ark said:
That's funny, I hate NASCAR too, but I was thinking something along the same lines.

It seems to me that Hockey and NASCAR should share a very similar demographic. If the NHL could setup a partnership with NASCAR for a discounts on ticket for each other they might be able to really sell it in the south. If you could entice NASCAR fans into the arena with a promise of a 20% off NASCAR tickets and vice versa, it could be very successful.

Think it could work?
Something.
I just think if they took that formula, ie sell it to the long distance fans ( TV)
you get a better TV deal..get more money... :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->