OT: How has the city taken to the Knights in Las Vegas?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Hey everybody,

I am just curious, How has the city embraced the Knights so far in the City?

Are you noticing a lot of hype, are people talking about them on a daily basis, is there actual excitement around the city from the locals?.

What has the vibe been like?,

Just curious, thanks.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hope you don't mind me fixing a couple words.

In my own little piece of Las Vegas, it's been pretty huge so far. It's a small sample size, but probably a third of my customers today have had Knights gear of some sort. People are talking, and it's great. I'm usually wearing a Knights hat, so people might come to me with more conversation, but almost everyone has said something.

Had a customer earlier today tell me her family was driving to the airport somewhere yesterday and couldn't get internet on their phones and demanded text updates every time something happened in the game. Pretty hardcore for a new team.

It can all change if they start losing a lot of games, but with the way they've come out so far and how the city's really embraced the Knights (and vice versa) at a time where we could all pretty much use a distraction it's still been insane how quickly there's a fairly solid fan/team relationship already. Even the teenage cool kids with their flatbills are in Knights hats lately.

More Knights than Dodgers hats for sure, which is a little weird considering the Dodgers are playing in the World Series at the same time.

Again, I've got a small sample, but it's pretty amazing from what I've seen so far.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Just (re-)started driving for Lyft this week (after moving from California). A number of visitors haven't realized there is now a NHL team, but impressed when I tell them.

Lots of folks I've met are excited about the team.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Anecdotal evidence only: I'm seeing more and more VGK paraphernalia worn at the poker tables.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
i wasn't sure how vegas would take to having an nhl team. so i'm pretty glad to see the locals are taking to it so far.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think Vegas was always misunderstood as a sports market. People assume it's like Phoenix or Tampa and that's simply not true.

Locals tend to respond better when it feels like it has something to call it's own, and ideally, is successful. Like any market, it tends to tune out when stuck in no man's land.

The metro area has a lot of transplants from colder weather environments. Many of these people have, or will be having kids.

It is a market where people tend to re-invent themselves from wherever they've moved from. So the idea that they would absolutely cling to old alliances, however casual, is a misread.

The concept of "Vegas Hockey" will always have a certain cool factor to it, even if the on ice product is a work in progress.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am not sure how Vegas has taken this team but this a pretty solid team and city should be proud of it

I am not sure how this team is doing it but it is amazing that this team is 3rd best in GF per game and 2nd best in GA per game, that's truly remarkable

Last edited:
Reactions: 92TeamCanada97

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad