How good would this forward core be THIS season?

How good would this forward group be this coming season?

• Total voters

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Top 15 because I don’t think this is a significant upgrade on what Buffalo currently has. I think it’d be like adding an additional top 6 winger to their roster, and a slight more improvement on their wingers.

Laf is a bit of a question mark but I’d be pretty surprised if he scored at over a 60 point pace (over 82 games) this coming season.

Vrana is a good top 6 guy. Suzuki is a question mark, he was an average 2nd liner last season, but he needs defensive improvement. Anderson scored 4 points in 26 games last season, which isn’t even 4th liner production. If he can bounce back to his 2nd liner production, then that helps but it’s unclear if that’ll happen.

Tervainen is a good 1st line complimentary winger.

Outside of Eichel this top 6 has a lot of question marks and I think they’d struggle. The fact they’re so young doesn’t help. The fact you can only vote for top 15 or better is pretty biased.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweetpotato

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That first line is lethal, if Laffy lives up to the hype and translates as expected. But that second line is just gonna get eaten alive. It's very much a bottom-15 "2nd line", and maybe even toward the lower end of that range.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Top 15 because I don’t think this is a significant upgrade on what Buffalo currently has. I think it’d be like adding an additional top 6 winger to their roster, and a slight more improvement on their wingers.

Laf is a bit of a question mark but I’d be pretty surprised if he scored at over a 60 point pace (over 82 games) this coming season.

Vrana is a good top 6 guy. Suzuki is a question mark, he was an average 2nd liner last season, but he needs defensive improvement. Anderson scored 4 points in 26 games last season, which isn’t even 4th liner production. If he can bounce back to his 2nd liner production, then that helps but it’s unclear if that’ll happen.

Tervainen is a good 1st line complimentary winger.

Outside of Eichel this top 6 has a lot of question marks and I think they’d struggle. The fact they’re so young doesn’t help. The fact you can only vote for top 15 or better is pretty biased.

That group is worse than what Buffalo currently has around Eichel. Even if Lafreniere lives up to the hype, I think it's safe to say Hall is still better for now, and then you've got Olofsson, Reinhart, Skinner, and Staal (also some good prospects who might jump in there in Cozens and Ruotsalainen). Teravainen is good, but overall I'd take the Sabres group over OP's for this season.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Why do the options end at top 15?

Unless that's prime Glenn Anderson there.

It's three borderline top 6 forwards, 1 child, 1 legit top 6 forward and one bona fide super star. Not sure that is automatically a playoff team.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Depends a lot on the bottom six. If we are just looking at the top six I'd say 8-12 range. But thats mainly because I think that top line could be devastating. The second line is likely an average second line this year.

So top 5 first line (I'm really high on Laf)

Middle of the pack second line (assuming Suzuki increases his points per 82 games to 55 , was at 47 as a rookie)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad