How good would the Wings be with Semin and Carle?

CloneHakanPlease*

Let's keep this in perspective. Their previous best wing was Jussi Jokinen for years so yeah getting Semin is going to seem unbelievable. :)

Yeah, the Jussi Jokinen who has scored the same amount of 30 goal seasons as Franzen and one more than our top 6 stalwarts Filppula, Abdelkader, and Cleary ever will. I'm sure the memories of Erik Cole's 30 goal seasons are still in their memory banks too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, the Jussi Jokinen who has scored the same amount of 30 goal seasons as Franzen and one more than our top 6 stalwarts Filppula, Abdelkader, and Cleary ever will. I'm sure the memories of Erik Cole's 30 goal seasons are still in their memory banks too.

EZ and Jussi sitting in a tree...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Let's keep this in perspective. Their previous best wing was Jussi Jokinen for years so yeah getting Semin is going to seem unbelievable. :)

I think the best perspective is that Staal and Semin have played every game together, and they are saying that Semin is the better defensive forward of them. Not that E.Staal is the next Selke candidate but still, what was the expectations?

It's really the expections. Everybody there expected that Semin would only be a nice point-scorer but horrible defensively, like everybody yelled. But he has been a man worth of his words (wanted to be good in all situations, also at PK) play like a Kovalchuk role.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think the best perspective is that Staal and Semin have played every game together, and they are saying that Semin is the better defensive forward of them. Not that E.Staal is the next Selke candidate but still, what was the expectations?

It's really the expections. Everybody there expected that Semin would only be a nice point-scorer but horrible defensively, like everybody yelled. But he has been a man worth of his words (wanted to be good in all situations, also at PK) play like a Kovalchuk role.

I don't think that's true at all. Most of us here though Semin would be great. I was a vocal supporter of his during free agency.

Where people split,and debate, is why the Wings passed. But the conversation was mostly unanimous we all wanted him with Pavel.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I don't think that's true at all. Most of us here though Semin would be great. I was a vocal supporter of his during free agency.

Where people split,and debate, is why the Wings passed. But the conversation was mostly unanimous we all wanted him with Pavel.

Yeah, I meant what those Carolina fans were generally thinking. Now they are surpriced because the whole case-Semin at Capitals was just normal scapegoat/overreacting ****.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
Meanwhile Semin leads the league in +/- o_O

People need to understand that when you are able to keep the puck in the offensive zone, the chance of letting in goals are close to zero. Not to single you out, but most people seem to forget this, and are very often somewhat surprised that "soft", speedy, elite puck handlers are "that good defensively". As long as Semin contributes the to tilting the play towards the offensive zone, he is by default playing awesome defence...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He is also TOP10 in the league in takeaways.

1. Toews - 30
2. E.Staal - 28
3. Datsyuk - 27
4. Vanek - 27
5. St.Louis - 25
6. Hossa - 24
7. Semin - 24

21. Zetterberg - 18

Honorable mention:

23. Erik Karlsson - 17 (still league leading defenceman)

RedWingsNow*

SO if Getzlaf gets 8.25M Cap hit. Perry will probably get more on the open market. Lets just trade for Gabork.

Wow.
That's a big chunk considering the cap is going to drop next year.

Tatar Datsyuk Gaborik sounds like a good line....

Cleary+Nyquist+Sproul for Gaborik

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Wow.
That's a big chunk considering the cap is going to drop next year.

Tatar Datsyuk Gaborik sounds like a good line....

Cleary+Nyquist+Sproul for Gaborik

Wait...you really think NYR is going to accept CLEARY as part of a deal for Gaborik?

:help:

CloneHakanPlease*

He is also TOP10 in the league in takeaways.

1. Toews - 30
2. E.Staal - 28
3. Datsyuk - 27
4. Vanek - 27
5. St.Louis - 25
6. Hossa - 24
7. Semin - 24

21. Zetterberg - 18

Honorable mention:

23. Erik Karlsson - 17 (still league leading defenceman)

Impossible. People on this board like HTT3 and Huddy have assured me Semin is bad defensively despite never watching him play. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad