How Good Will Anthony Mantha Become?

whata beauty

Aug 22, 2012
He had 8+7 in the last 8 games last year and 6+2 in the first 4 this year. He’s really starting to come into his own and realize his potential. 6’4”, strong, unreal shot, soft hands, very fast for his size, very underrated vision too. His line with Larkin and Bertuzzi has been very hard to contain. Obviously he’ll slow down but he’s a special talent. If he can learn to be consistent and move his feet he can be one of the better goal scorers in the league

Reactions: BHD and nbwingsfan

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
He's one tier above the Matthews/Scheifle/Monahan/Panarin tier, but below the McDavid/Kucherov tier, so he's essentially in the Draisaitl/Kane/MacKinnon tier.

This one made my face twist up like I had just eaten an entire lemon... I love the guy, but this doesn’t seem an accurate statement at all?!

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
starting to think a 40/40 season is very possible

i dont know man. it just takes one little cold streak of say 10 games, which he is known for (and every goal scorer is) and its very tough to get to 80 points then. 40 assists seems a bit too high, he has good vision and is a solid passer, but i would measure him in the goals department.

If he gets 40 this year, I'd be ecstatic. He is fully capable of doing so, dont get me wrong, but 2 years ago he started the season superhot, with ppg after the first 22 games or so. Then he cooled off in such a brutal fashion that he didn't even hit 50 points. I hope he will be a bit more consistent, and being on a line that will stay together should help. I expect at least 30 to 35 goals, everything above that mark and he can be considered one of the best goal scorers in the league.

We wings fan should lower our expectations with him a bit, and then be super happy when he surpasses them. 60 to 65 points this campaign along with 30 to 35 goals would be a very succesful season and a huge step in his development. He is kind of a late bloomer, so i dont think these stats would be his ceiling.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
honestly he could challenge gretzky’s records hes the single best hockey player ive ever seen in my entire life

Reactions: Discipline Daddy

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
He will be better than mcdavid
Wow, talk about underrating the guy.

In all seriousness, he looks like he will be a threat to score 30 goals every season during his prime and make big plays along the boards to establish possession which is something the Wings have desperately needed lately. I'm not going to call him a 40 goal scorer until he does it, but it is certainly possible if he can keep up his play.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
9 games? You better go back to last season, and then watch the WC then.

I am. He’s been hot since late March, but since this isn’t baseball, there hasn’t been much hockey since then. Before that was very streaky.
I don’t buy on a streaky player after a small sample size. If 10, 15, 20 games from now he’s still putting up a point a night, I’ll reevaluate.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Wow, talk about underrating the guy.

In all seriousness, he looks like he will be a threat to score 30 goals every season during his prime and make big plays along the boards to establish possession which is something the Wings have desperately needed lately. I'm not going to call him a 40 goal scorer until he does it, but it is certainly possible if he can keep up his play.
I not very often watch nhl, my internet is too slow, so i have not an opinion about him. But i belive you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad