How good was Jim Pappin?

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Was he a mid-tier player, or a top 15 player in the league consistently

How many points would he put up in today's game?

55263-147JP.jpg

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Pappin would be a 70-80 point man consistently in his prime. He had a season or two where he was top 15 for sure, maybe top ten. He was mugged by Ken Dryden in that classic Cup final in 1971

SuicideKings15

Nov 3, 2009
London, ON
Basically the Al Secord of the 70's. Only difference is Al had a bit more finish, a bit less play making ability and a hell of a lot more grind. Skill-wise, though. About the same.

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Jim Pappin

Basically the Al Secord of the 70's. Only difference is Al had a bit more finish, a bit less play making ability and a hell of a lot more grind. Skill-wise, though. About the same.

Jim Pappin was a much better skater than Al Secord. Excellent second liner on a contending team, responsible defensively with offensive skills. Would play first line on a weak (21-30 rated) team

SuicideKings15

Nov 3, 2009
London, ON
Jim Pappin was a much better skater than Al Secord. Excellent second liner on a contending team, responsible defensively with offensive skills. Would play first line on a weak (21-30 rated) team

He wasn't a terrible skater, problem is, all he did was work at the mill in Espanola on the off-season and really didn't work on any kind of skating. Secord was a good first-liner on a... a team.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Humm... Below Ron Ellis, for what it's worth, from a perspective of a guy that saw none of them play live, whether in on TV or a tape.

SuicideKings15

Nov 3, 2009
London, ON
Humm... Below Ron Ellis, for what it's worth, from a perspective of a guy that saw none of them play live, whether in on TV or a tape.

That was a great ****ing show, man. I really wanted to get that T-shirt, but I was 5 dollars short. Rattled my cage.

April 16th, I still remember that date. You knew it would be a good show when Bruce hit the high note at the end of 'Aces High'.

Ofuzz

Jul 11, 2006
I could be mistaken on this but I have a vague recollection that Pappin won one of the old "Showdown" series that was shown during the intermissions on Hockey Night in Canada, circa 70's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad