How good of a prospect were YOU ??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wiz

Apr 6, 2003
nova scotia
Visit site
Ok, now make sure to be honest, and don't exaggerate !

How good of a hockey prospect were YOU yourself ??!!

What type of a hockey player were you ? Highest level you played hockey at ?

Got any hockey stats on yourself ? Hockey career highlights ?

------------------------------------------------------

Well personally, for me, i was pretty good actually. I grew up playing with Glen Murray (RW from the Boston Bruins) and people always compared the two of us, as to who was better.

However, i left hockey when i was 14 or 15, because i was so small and kept getting my head knocked off from the bodychecking. I think that's because my biggest weakness was trying to stickhandle with my head up ! ;) lol

I once had an 8 point game (5 goals, 3 assists) as a 14 year old ! :)

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
not much of one. at all.

all over the place- i enjoy playing goal in street hockey. anywhere. the highest level? on my pond- that's about it.

gym floor hockey i played forward mostly, usually the top scorer, or one of the top couple.
hockey career highlights?
probably when i played with my dad in our kitchen- we'd take turns playing in goal after dinner: the goal was the counter, with the stools on their sides so it makes the other side of the goal.
20 shots, see who wins.

awesome times. i am a left handed shooter because of the way our kitchen is set up, if i was right handed i'd hit my head on the table light.

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
The_Wiz said:
Were? ;). I should get drafted in this years Bantam draft.

The_Wiz said:

I am a technical mentally tough goaltender. Highest level I have ever played at is Bantam AAA. Before camp though I go out and practise with Junior A, but never actually play a real game.

The_Wiz said:

No stats yet. I havent really started my career yet either.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
I'm not too bad. Nothing too major...I've been playing hockey now for 13 years. Probably wouldn't be in University right now without it as it gave me an outlet, and kept me from going on on the weekends when we were on the road for games. I've played on the same team as current BCHLer Clayton Lainsburry, and current WHLers Adam Taylor and Rob Woods.

What type of player am I? That's a toughy. I've always been able to put pts up, but I've got good size, not so great speed, but decent. I'm strong defensively, and killer on the faceoffs.....at least I was, but roller hockey has my timing messed right up. I'm not afraid to drop the gloves, and enjoy playing the body as well...Oh, and did I mention the concussions?

As far as highest level of hockey I've played....that'd be a season of Jr B in the VIJHL on Vancouver Island, and then a couple of pre-season games with the Spruce Kings a few years ago. I also was able to go to a WHL camp when I was 16....but I didn't last long :cry:

Funny enough, I do have some stats lol....scary. Last year, in the league I play in, A division Rec hockey in PG, it's actually pretty good calibre, Van can likely atest to this. Anyways, I finished the season with 37GP, 21G 45A and 62PIMs....

Career highlights are quite simple.

3a. My first Jr A pre season game was pretty cool, I had a scrap, but nothing of note...released shortly after.

3b. A team from Quebec came out west my first year of Midget AAA....I think they were highschool champions or something...either way, it was a blast. We won 1 and lost 1.

2. My first home game Jr B.....1300 fans that night in Courtney against Campbell River. We won the game 5-2...I had a goal :D

1. With my Midget AAA team, we were lucky enough to travel to Sweden and Finland for a couple weeks. We played 8 games and finished with a 1-6-1 record. This was my first action in about 5 weeks as I broke my wrist in our first game against Naniamo in the playoffs(finished the game though :yo: ). One of the teams we played refused to come out after the 2nd period....of course they were winning 13-0 :eek:...but their excuse for not coming back out, we were hitting too hard. It was great. I finished the trip with 5pts in 8 games. GREAT TIME!

Hitman*

The_Wiz said:

1) At my peak, I could have been a 13th forward in the WHL (MAYBE!)

2) I was a playmaking power forward. I could feather passes in but when I want to go to the net, I go and nobody stops me.

3) I played AAA for a couple years and when I realized that I was going nowhere with hockey (and the team was being run by *******s), I went back to City league type stuff for my last 2 seasons (both 2nd year Midget oddly enough).

4) Back in novice, I once had an 11 point game (6 goals, 5 assists) ON DEFENSE! I also led my team in scoring last year (39 goals, 44 assists in 50 games (includes tournaments and minor hockey week etc.))

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Great idea for a thread!

<b>How good of a hockey prospect were YOU yourself ??!!</b>
Never would consider myself a prospect, considering I didn't go far enough to warrent the title. I was always a top-two line talent, probably because my efforts would've been wasted on anything below that.

<b>What type of a hockey player were you ?</b>
I was accused of being too defensive in my earlier years, but as time went on, I was accused of not knowing what defensive meant. Probably best suited as a 2nd liner anywhere higher than I went, I usually always put up 1st line numbers on the board.

Not exactly the most skilled, but always found a way to score. Strange how that works, eh?

<b> Highest level you played hockey at?</b>
Midgets. Though Junior B came knocking.

<b>Got any hockey stats on yourself ? Hockey career highlights ?</b>
Most memorable moments include:

-Playing against Jay Bouwmeester in provincials.
-Scoring the OT goal against an England South Conference team to clinch bronze in the Red Deer Peewee Hockey Tournament
-2 seasons of only one-loss hockey.
-10 points in one game in Novice!!

reagle

Growing up always a good player. Drafted to Peterborough Petes. Played there a few years. Had decent numbers but fought too much, around 200 pims a yr. Considered too small to be a fighter, still playing pretty good hockey but thats about it.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site

Well I guess I'd still be a prospect. I'd be drafted in '06.

I play a lot of inline hockey where I dominate. I had around 20-25 goals in 10 games or so. I had a considerably less amount of assists considering the mentality in ice hockey is "when you have a chance to score don't give it up" even when you at the red line. My highest is probably playing open hockey with 20-40ish year old men in open hockey. I held my own and once scored 5 goals in one session. Then I started to make a transition to ice hockey which is much harder and my role is very different. I'm more of a role player that just there to play solid defense. My main ascet is speed but I'm also too light to be drafted.

Hockey career highlights ?

Once playing in a game my team was down 9-2 in a game that we were considered down and out at the half. I started a rally that helped us tie the game and I got the game tying goal. I ended up with a hat trick.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
I was one of the most heavily recruited defensemen to prep schools in Western PA when I was in 5th grade. I had scholarship offers to at least 5 major prep schools in my area to play hockey(2 were part academic part hockey). I was set on going to Shady Side Academy (They had their own rink and were building a hell of a program. Promised me all the ice time I wanted), then I moved to Ft. Wayne, IN. And my development was severly stunted playing against the crap competition out there. Won the top defenseman, MVP, goals, and points titles both years playing there. I got fed up with the game and quit playing on a league level after that.

I was a tough 2 way defenseman. Led my league in assists, goals, and PIM for a defenseman almost every year I played. Mastered open ice hitting by age 10(my dad was a Pee Wee coach so I got a head start). I started mainly out as a "wrecking ball", being short and hitting everything in sight until I realized scoring was just as fun as hitting. Moved back to PA and played hockey until my school's hockey program fell apart when I hit 9th grade (I'm a senior now). And thanks to PIHL regulations, I'm not allowed to play for a neighboring school district.

Hockey career highlights ?
Winning a playoff title by scoring in a shootout. Having a 11 point game in a tournament (3 goals 8 assists). Setting a league record for 148 hits in 15 league games. Winning top defenseman trophy in my age group every year I played.

PK*

I was a decent hockey player, but never really a prospect.

I wasn't doing anything special, but I wasn't making many mistakes. I was a forward (RW). My main job was to work in front of the net trying to get the puck or make room for our smaller forwards. I played a lot on the PK. I used to play at defense, so my defensive awareness was prety high. I loved rough play and I stood up for my team mates. I often was an assistant captain and I was the team captain for two years. The highest level I played at was Bamtam B.

My last season was my best one. I got around 60 pts in 40 games and I was +10. I usually got around a point per game. My best game was 3 G, 1A. My favorite moment as a player was in a tournament finals when I was playing Atom. The score was 3-3 with 2:15 left in the third. I got a penalty. My team mates managed to go through the 2 min. without allowing a goal. Just as I got out of the box, someone cleared our zone. There were no 2 lines passes in the league I played so I took the puck. I was on a breakaway but a d-man was closing in on me. I got near the goal, faked a shot and did a drop pass to a team mate. He shot the puck in the wide open net and we won the tournament.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I'm sorry but who counted your hits, lol, I don't beleive any of this.

No honestly. First year of pee wee I had well over 130 hits. It's all I did. I spent a third of my time in the box, a third of my time playing the point on the powerplay, and a third of my time either getting bitched out by the coach or praised for making a nice play. That's about 10 hits per game. Which isn't too far out there. First year of Pee Wee where I was the only one who wasn't afraid to hit, it wasn't all that hard to rack up hits. We ran 4 defenseman most of the year, so I played half the game. Which is about 18-22 minutes a game. Estimate a shift is 2 minutes back then I got about a hit per shift.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Peewee is 10 min stop clock or 15 min run the clock. Half the game would be 15 min or less.

No. 12 minute stop clock. Which equals 36 minute games. Which is roughly 18 minutes per game. Depending on whether I played half or a bit more 18-22 minutes per game.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
HeHateMeFrisbee said:
I play for a Mission inline team? Thats about it.....Ice was never much fun for me, not as much fun as inline.
Mission Inline's official team?

That's impressive still. I've played with a few guys that played on CCM or Nike's official team(I can't remember which.) They were really good rollerplayers.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
JDB3939 said:
Mission Inline's official team?

That's impressive still. I've played with a few guys that played on CCM or Nike's official team(I can't remember which.) They were really good rollerplayers.
No im not that good, its a new Detroit Mission team. We are pretty good though, im betting we do ok in some big tournaments this year.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
HeHateMeFrisbee said:
No im not that good, its a new Detroit Mission team. We are pretty good though, im betting we do ok in some big tournaments this year.

Oh I was about to say. Don't talk down some of the roller teams. There are some damn good players in those roller leagues. Not pro caliber, but still damn good!

Ticallion961

Mar 27, 2003
Nova Scotia
Prospect:

well, i'm only 19, but i don't play much anymore, i could easily play junior B, but it would take too much of my time, and im a full time alcoholic.

Type:

PLayed AAA all the way through, until my first year bantam, then i played higj school and batam aa, finished with 4 more years of high school. Led my teams in scoring every year except my first 2 years of high school...played as an agile centre, pretty much unhittable, but a little weak on the puck...weak shot as well, but can stickhandle better than most. Turned from a puck hog, to a guy that got bitched out in the provincial final for passing too much

Stats

i don't want to brag

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
JDB3939 said:
Oh I was about to say. Don't talk down some of the roller teams. There are some damn good players in those roller leagues. Not pro caliber, but still damn good!
Oh I agree, to me its more fun to watch, so many amazing plays and things you can do with that light puck. Very fun game.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
HeHateMeFrisbee said:
Oh I agree, to me its more fun to watch, so many amazing plays and things you can do with that light puck. Very fun game.

I play in a local roller league now. 2 line passes. Lighter puck. Very very exciting. I'd almost rather watch local HS hockey or roller hockey than pro hockey some games (New Jersey vs. Minnesota) lol.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
JDB3939 said:
I play in a local roller league now. 2 line passes. Lighter puck. Very very exciting. I'd almost rather watch local HS hockey or roller hockey than pro hockey some games (New Jersey vs. Minnesota) lol.
I agree, so many more things you can do with the puck. Its a much more finesse type game, however, IS pretty rough in the pro divisions of the major tournaments....

Steve Latin*

The_Wiz said:

------------------------------------------------------

Well personally, for me, i was pretty good actually. I grew up playing with Glen Murray (RW from the Boston Bruins) and people always compared the two of us, as to who was better.

However, i left hockey when i was 14 or 15, because i was so small and kept getting my head knocked off from the bodychecking. I think that's because my biggest weakness was trying to stickhandle with my head up ! ;) lol

I once had an 8 point game (5 goals, 3 assists) as a 14 year old ! :)

Great idea for a thread. I can honestly say that I've never been interested in watching hockey until I was 21 and my housemates more or less forced it upon me... now I love the sport. I've only played roller hockey as a d-man, and I think I've only notched 2 goaled in pickup-up. Not an illustrious career by any mean ;)

What will be interesting though is, with this younger generation's increased presence on the Internet, I can see some HF boarders poster actually going in the draft a few years from now. All I ask is that you send us some updates!

S L

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
Good enough to play a checking forward through highschool. Quit for 6 yrs. Started playing roller last year and im average at best. Lost alot of speed, and i dont think my vision is as good. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad