How good is top 5, top 10 in 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
moosefan said:
Devin Setouguchi IMO is the best all around power forward in the draft.

People keep talking about this kid. Where does he play? why do you think he is the best all around power forward in the draft?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
ktownhockey said:
People keep talking about this kid. Where does he play? why do you think he is the best all around power forward in the draft?

plays for Saskatoon Blades, great skating speed, hits like truck, gives 100%, has every offensive ability you would want in a player, is exciting to watch, plays awsome two way, is a super leader, takes charge on the ice, does everything on the ice.

Personally I like him more than Brule as well. I find he brings more to a team than what Brule does and I don't think his offensive abilities are that far off of Brules either.

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
I agree with your Setoguchi review

He is a great leader, put up 31 points as a 16 year old playing on one of the worst teams ever with nobody to play with! He is easily the 2nd best if not the best WHL draft eligable player and could/should go in the top 10 or someone is getting a steal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
ktownhockey said:
WOW I didn't know Little is an 06' thats awesome. He should go very high in 06' then. He put together a sick year in the O playing the start of the season as a 15 year old. congrats to him.

Tell me about Bergfors?

Yea I'm very impressed with Little, I've got one game on tape where he scores 4 goals. :amazed:

As for Bergfors, I've never seen him play yet, but hopefully I get to see him at the wjc's in december. I do know he played on the J-20 team (Sodertalje) and U-18 team last year. I heard he was one of the top players at the '86 Five Nation's tournament. Considered the best '87 in Sweden, has top notch offensive skill. He's listed at 6'2 190. Don't know where he will play next year, but I've heard he could be in the SEL next year.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
ktownhockey said:
Top 10 2005:
1) Sidney Crosby
2) Guillume Latendresse
3) Gilbert Brule
4) Vitali Aieneeko
5) Daniel Bertram
6) Jack Johnson
7) Takuu Rasa
8) Jakub Kindl
9) Bryan Little
10) Andrew Cogliano

IMO may be a little off, but it's from what I've seen and heard up until this point.

:lol who's that? do oyu mean Tuukka Rask

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
WHL Follower said:
He is a great leader, put up 31 points as a 16 year old playing on one of the worst teams ever with nobody to play with! He is easily the 2nd best if not the best WHL draft eligable player and could/should go in the top 10 or someone is getting a steal.
Setoguchi is fantastic. A little behind Brule though overall, but not by much. Both impact players no doubt.

Prucha73

Could someone please provide the stats (size, date of birth, league, and the numbers they had this past season and U18 WJC) for the top 10 or 15 prospects for 2005 draft?

Thanks

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
moosefan said:
plays for Saskatoon Blades, great skating speed, hits like truck, gives 100%, has every offensive ability you would want in a player, is exciting to watch, plays awsome two way, is a super leader, takes charge on the ice, does everything on the ice.

Personally I like him more than Brule as well. I find he brings more to a team than what Brule does and I don't think his offensive abilities are that far off of Brules either.

I find it hard to believe that someone could even compare him to brule at this point.....what exactly did you see of him leading or such great offensive gifts on saskatoon last year? not to mention the only player giving 100% or even close on that team last year was mike green. That team was absolutely horrible and green was by far the only standout. its not impossible that this kid could be as good as brule but he sure has never shown anything anywhere near what brule has up to this point.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
I find it hard to believe that someone could even compare him to brule at this point.....what exactly did you see of him leading or such great offensive gifts on saskatoon last year? not to mention the only player giving 100% or even close on that team last year was mike green. That team was absolutely horrible and green was by far the only standout. its not impossible that this kid could be as good as brule but he sure has never shown anything anywhere near what brule has up to this point.

I am talking about the U17s, he was actually up to Brules level there. He was given a big role with the team and he was captain over Brule as well. But he did more things on the ice than Brule, harder hitter, better in the defensive zone, and still created almost just as much offense as Brule. Brule you don't notice every shift, he picks his times, he could have 3 or 4 shifts and you don't notice him out there then he strikes, Setouguchi makes his pressence known throught his shift.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
moosefan said:
I am talking about the U17s, he was actually up to Brules level there. He was given a big role with the team and he was captain over Brule as well. But he did more things on the ice than Brule, harder hitter, better in the defensive zone, and still created almost just as much offense as Brule. Brule you don't notice every shift, he picks his times, he could have 3 or 4 shifts and you don't notice him out there then he strikes, Setouguchi makes his pressence known throught his shift.
Setoguchi is excellent. I think he will prove himself at the U18's with a spectacular effort. Other names to remember here are Bertram, Bradford, Cogliano, Brule, Little. There's a lot of talent there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad