How good is top 5, top 10 in 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't know a whole lot about the 1st round at this point aside from Crosby pegged at #1 with Jack Johnson being mentioned as well, along with Brule. What sort of value is there for a top 5 or top 10 pick next year? Are we talking elite level talent or a drop off like this past year?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kritty said:
I don't know a whole lot about the 1st round at this point aside from Crosby pegged at #1 with Jack Johnson being mentioned as well, along with Brule. What sort of value is there for a top 5 or top 10 pick next year? Are we talking elite level talent or a drop off like this past year?

The Top 5 for next years draft is looking great, as good as any year over the last few years, and could be better then '03 both in top 5, top 10 and overall. With Crosby, Latrendresse, Brule, Bergfors, Johnson, Kindl, Laakso, Korhonen, Churilov, Anikeyenko, Kopitar, Zagrapan, O'Marra, Blunden, Paquet, Steoguchi, Lawrence, Durnad, Ryan, Staal, Skille, etc... (not in any order) that's some impressive quality of highly skilled prospects. :amazed:

db23

RangerBoy said:
The Rangers plan on being there

With the Ranger's luck, now that Slats has stripped the team they will have a half decent year and miss out on the top end talent.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
BrooklynCanuck said:
Add Cogliano, Johnson, Bertram, Levasseur, Vojta.

2005 is going to be a good year for depth.

Depth? Try a good year for franchise fowards, defensemen and goalies.

J F M

Jun 22, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
How ironic is it that one of the premiere power forwards available would be named Latendresse? (the tenderness for you unilingual anglos here!) ;)

CH Wizard

I like this draft the forward are good, but what about the goalies ,Who are the best goalie available in the draft ???

X-SHARKIE

thegreatone said:
I like this draft the forward are good, but what about the goalies ,Who are the best goalie available in the draft ???

I've seen a few goalies from this draft.

There are two goalies that in this draft seem to be elite talents.

Finland has a kid name Tuukka Rask, aside from Crosby and Brule he has to be one of the best players in the hole draft. I was able to see him this year and he was flat out amazing. From what i've seen, if the draft was held today, he should go top 10.

Rask isn't alone though, I saw Ryan Mior, he's definitly a first round worthy prospect, One of the smartest young goaltenders i've seen, I really like Ryan. What stood out about Ryan is his glove and the fact that he's extremely agressive but insanely good with his angles.

But, I have a good friend who sees alot of the QMJHL, and he was the first one to tell me about Fleury, and he says this guy has the same upside that Fleury does.
HIs name is J.P. Levasseur sp? I guess he is the quickest goalie he's seen that eligible for the 2005 draft, and makes amazing looking saves. His strengths are his quick legs and his glove hand, but his blocker is no slouch and he controls rebounds very well.
My friend is so sold on him that he thinks he'll in the top 5 next year.

Guillaume Latendresse He is the current favorite to go #3 in the draft next year IMO, but I like some other guys more. If I had to compare him to somone, it would be Todd Bertuzzi although he doesn't have a mean streak yet. He reminds me alot of Sharks prospect Steve Bernier. Latendresse is a very big kid who has elite vision and awareness. He's a finesse player more then a powerforward, although he has all the tools and isn't shy about being physical. I can't stress the fact that his hands are just soooooo soft and he's so poised and smart.

Last edited:
X-SHARKIE said:
I've seen a few goalies from this draft.

There are two goalies that in this draft seem to be elite talents.

Finland has a kid name Tuukka Rask, aside from Crosby and Brule he has to be one of the best players in the hole draft. I was able to see him this year and he was flat out amazing. From what i've seen, if the draft was held today, he should go top 10.

Rask isn't alone though, I saw Ryan Mior, he's definitly a first round worthy prospect, One of the smartest young goaltenders i've seen, I really like Ryan.

But, I have a good friend who sees alot of the QMJHL, and he was the first one to tell me about Fleury, and he says this guy has the same upside that Fleury does.
HIs name is J.P. Levasseur sp? I guess he is the quickest goalie he's seen that eligible for the 2005 draft, and makes amazing looking saves. His strengths are his quick legs and his glove hand, but his blocker is no slouch and he controls rebounds very well.
My friend is so sold on him that he thinks he'll in the top 5 next year.

Guillaume Latendresse He is the current favorite to go #3 in the draft next year IMO, but I like some other guys more. If I had to compare him to somone, it would be Todd Bertuzzi although he doesn't have a mean streak yet. He reminds me alot of Sharks prospect Steve Bernier. Latendresse is a very big kid who has elite vision and awareness. He's a finesse player more then a powerforward, although he has all the tools and isn't shy about being physical. I can't stress the fact that his hands are just soooooo soft and he's so poised and smart.

I've heard reports that Levasseur will be the clear #1 in '05. He's supposed to be a really solid goalie prospect, best in his class. If he has a good season in the Q, he could sneak into the top 10.

X-SHARKIE

BrooklynCanuck said:
Umm by depth I mean depth of prospect pool, as in there are many good players. i.e. the opposite of last draft where we had a small group of front runners (AO, EM, CB) and chaos after that.

Agreed, this draft has great top end talent, mabey the best player of the next decade in Crosby, but the depth in the draft is also very impressive. I was lucky to play with Jack Johnson.... I played with Ryan Suter before, and Jack Johnson has all the tools to be as good if not better...but a different kind of defensman may I add, then Suter. Not saying he well,but he's that good were he could give Suter a run for his money for the best American defensman in years from now.
Were am I going with this? The fact that Johnson isn't even being considered a top 10 pick by some shows you how much depth is in the draft.
I also made a few posts telling people about Ryan Mior and how impressive he has been, but right away there are people telling me about two goalies who are considered, head and shoulders above him, although I did see Rask and I agree.

The depth doesn't stop around the 1st round either. I played high school hockey vs Jack Skille who well attend Wisconsin soon. He isn't even being considered for a first round pick, yet the kid has great size, he skates like the wind, such a smooth and fast fast skater, great skater, he also has very impressive finishing skills, he really has a quick eye and reads the goalie so well, and if your giving him any net he knows were it's at and he'll hit it right on the dot.
His size, speed, speed lol, and shot would normally get a prospect like him 1st round talk.
2005 should have great depth and the top end is also excelent.
Very similar to the 2003 entry draft.

Last edited:

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Top 10 2005:
1) Sidney Crosby
2) Guillume Latendresse
3) Gilbert Brule
4) Vitali Aieneeko
5) Daniel Bertram
6) Jack Johnson
7) Takuu Rasa
8) Jakub Kindl
9) Bryan Little
10) Andrew Cogliano

IMO may be a little off, but it's from what I've seen and heard up until this point.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
ktownhockey said:
Top 10 2005:
1) Sidney Crosby
2) Guillume Latendresse
3) Gilbert Brule
4) Vitali Aieneeko
5) Daniel Bertram
6) Jack Johnson
7) Takuu Rasa
8) Jakub Kindl
9) Bryan Little
10) Andrew Cogliano

IMO may be a little off, but it's from what I've seen and heard up until this point.

Byran Little is an '06. Bergfors should be a top 10 pick. I don't think Anikeyenko goes top 5, but I haven't seen him yet and he's listed at 6'3-6'4 198. From what I've heard Kopitar should get consideration for the top 10, but not many people have seen him play.

West19

Jul 19, 2004
Aside from Latendresse and Bobby Ryan are there any more Power forwards that will go high in the draft?

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
I will surely go see Levasseur ( correct sp Sharkie ) and also Latendresse..

I already saw Crosby 2 times.. but Im going to go see him again as much as I can.. I live in Quebec City.. and not so far from the home of the Remparts.. cant wait to see Radulov

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
West19 said:
Aside from Latendresse and Bobby Ryan are there any more Power forwards that will go high in the draft?

I like Tyler Hawes, but he would have to have a great season to be a 1st round pick, as he's had little ice time in PEI, but has good size and should play a much bigger role with the team.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
montreal said:
Byran Little is an '06. Bergfors should be a top 10 pick. I don't think Anikeyenko goes top 5, but I haven't seen him yet and he's listed at 6'3-6'4 198. From what I've heard Kopitar should get consideration for the top 10, but not many people have seen him play.

WOW I didn't know Little is an 06' thats awesome. He should go very high in 06' then. He put together a sick year in the O playing the start of the season as a 15 year old. congrats to him.

Tell me about Bergfors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->