How good is the EHL?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
USA Hockey can answer part of that question for you, based on their Tier system ... USA Junior Hockey Leagues. As for comparing the EHL to any of the three Canadian Hockey League members ... They call it "major junior hockey" so U.S. hockey fans won't ask such silly questions. :huh:

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
EHL is probably the best Tier III league in the country. Obviously every league has the haves and have-nots, but the EHL is considerably better than the NA3HL. As for comparing it to the OHL, the O usually has 5-10 players picked in the first round of the NHL Draft let alone in the other rounds. If there ever has been Eshow players drafted, then they don't number more than a handful. The USHL in most hockey minds is at least an equal of the OHL in both level of play and NHL Draft picks so the same goes for them.

EHL is a solid league and leads the country in Division III commits. They expanded this year and some of the newer teams are horrid, but the league parity remains very good. But it's a Tier III league and so it's not fair to compare it to anything higher than it, in Canada or the US.

Reactions: VaughnGHockey

Rgvhockeyfan

Aug 29, 2018
Compared to NA3HL, OHL, USHL, etc...

I'd have to weigh in here with my 2 cents putting the EHL just below the USACHL in terms of entertainment value. But it's just a matter of opinion. Thanks for your question and welcome to my (our) forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad