How good is Lindgren?

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Is he a sure fire NHler, atop 50 prospect? I know he was basically rookie of the year in the Finnish league last year and got off to a slow start after his mititary duty this year(he was also hurt), He seems to be great in the WJC so far especially on the pp-can he be a top center or are the stars dreaming

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Is he a sure fire NHler
No, but very few prospects are.
Starsdude said:
, atop 50 prospect?
He should be, but because he wasn't a high pick and wasn't picked by one of the more 'popular' teams here at HF, he wont be, while we all watch the spare known as Igor Grigorenko make it yet again.
Starsdude said:
He seems to be great in the WJC so far especially on the pp-can he be a top center or are the stars dreaming
He certainly could be, but like most young players, he does have work to do.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
I expect him to anchor the Stars second line for the next decade, once he gets adjusted to the NHL.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
He's a great prospect and really a steal for a 3rd round pick. Is he going to be in NHL? I personally think so. Is he going to be a first line center in NHL? I think he has the tools for it, but it's too early to say.

Also i think Perttu is heavily underrated, but that's good thing.

markg

Nov 17, 2006
What kind of point production can we expect from him if and when he plays in the NHL?

Also, what current NHL player would you compare him to?

Joretus

What kind of point production can we expect from him if and when he plays in the NHL?

Also, what current NHL player would you compare him to?

I think he could do something like 25+45 a best. And something like 15+35 could be realistic if he will continue to develop as he have been.

And not current, but I might compare him to poor mans Ron Franchis. Not that he will be ever so good, but he is quite complete package, except some flaws(but not so much) in defensive end. He isn't flashy in stickhandling, but he can still stickhandle. He can make some nice passes, but he isn't so dominant force in rink. Still he is producing and being usefull for your team. And with good wingers he can do a lot damage. He could be very good 2nd center for any NHL in the future, but not seeing him ever being that carrying force for team.

Those who are always very usefull for teams, but who aren't still stars nor taking the biggest fame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad