How good is John Lammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
I noticed that so far he is putting up pretty good numbers with Lethbridge in the WHL. Where do you guys think he will go in the draft?? Is size an issue with this guy? or maybe skating? I have not heard much about him at all.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
BIGROCKET said:
I noticed that so far he is putting up pretty good numbers with Lethbridge in the WHL. Where do you guys think he will go in the draft?? Is size an issue with this guy? or maybe skating? I have not heard much about him at all.

I seen this guy play in the Canada Winter Games last year and he was one of the best players on team Alberta, I have really high expectations for this guy as he had great hands in close, nice moves with the puck, good passing skills and a real knack for scoring goals. IMO he was one of the better forwards at the Canada WInter Games besides SIdney Crosby, Evan McGrath, Wojtech Wolski and a few others, but Lammers really stood out on the ice. I have a feeling he will be a higher pick than most think as I think people have him going late 1st to mid 2nd so far, I think by the time this season is over Lammers will be a top 15 pick in this years draft. He is a very crafty, exciting player to watch who has a ton of offensive ability.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
A little something...

First off, "moosefan" its weird that he was one of the best players on Team Alberta considering he was playing on Team Britsh Columbia....honest mistake i am sure.

Lammers is one of many youngsters who are seeing quality playing time this season and so far they appear to be making the most of their opportunities. He does have great hands in close, decent moves with the puck, decent passing skills and a real knack for scoring goals.
I find he doesn't really stand out in the WHL or not as much as him linemate Kris Versteeg, who also happens to be draft eligible this year and yet has received no media consideration or even compliments on here...Versteeg will be a steal if people don't wake up between now and June.
Lammers is bigger, stronger, and might play more physical but he also happens to be one of those players that seem to end up in the right place more often than not. Versteeg on the other hand works for what he gets but i honestly think he is more skilled than Lammers and has more hockey sense or play reading ability. Lammers is a goal scorer while Versteeg can score but prefers to set them up.
Lammers is fairly exciting to watch and has offensive abilities but neither asset compares to Versteeg...he is great to watch and is simply gifted.
Don't get me wrong Lammers is a big chunk of our future here in Lethbridge and could someday lead the DUB in scoring but i just think Versteeg doesn't get enough credit for what he brings to our team!!!
At the start of the season I was less than optimistic about what the 'Canes could do this season without Jeremy Jackson and Mike Wirll but these two along with four or five other 16 and 17 year olds have really stepped up and provided offense and special teams play for us :bow: !!!

laidsy13

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
I too live in Lethbridge and frequent the 'canes games on a regular basis. I'm high on Lammers, from what i've seen (this year and last) the guy does everything well, Like what was said...he has a knack for scoring goals and plays on a solid line. Him, Lucas and Versteeg are also all good penatly killers, all have a great work ethic both ends of the ice and really good chemistry. With that said, Versteeg and Lammers both get bumped around a fair bit, last game I saw (Canes vs Hitmen) both got layed out pretty good, both same scenerio...heads down trying to dangle a bit. Lammers like Versteeg has the tendancy to try too much, make things a little too fancy. I can see the guy as a late first rounder, early second....but thats with limited knowledge of the '04 draft, and Versteeg will start to get noticed, but will learn quick to keep his head up a bit more or it'll be a long season.

aki

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
What about O'Malley?

Can any of you Lethbridge guys provide any info as to how Brett O'Malley is looking so far this season? He was at the Isles camp and strikes me as an underrated player. He played on Canada's U-18 team a couple years back and still has a fair bit of potential IMO.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
salostyle said:
First off, "moosefan" its weird that he was one of the best players on Team Alberta considering he was playing on Team Britsh Columbia....honest mistake i am sure.

I was trying to remember what team I seen him on, and I was looking for Mike Card for an interview after one of the games and I got Card and Lammers messed up, so I thought that Card was on ALberta which would have ment Lammmers was on Alberta but I guess I got the team confussed....ooppppss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad