Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
tommygun949 said:
Just wondering how good you think the 2005 draft is gonna be

IMO the top 5 will be as good as 2004 and the whole first round will be as deep as 2003. I don't say that the whole draft will be as deep as 2003 but just the first round.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
X-SHARKIE said:
2005 is going to have great elite talent early in the draft. As well as amazing depth. If the players continue to devolope and get better, this draft could be even better then the 2003 entry draft!
I agree, we'll have to see how things progress, but so far it looks spectacular, great depth and perhaps even better top end than '03

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
MePutPuckInNet said:
better than 2004, most definately.....

I don't think it'll be better than 2003 though...not by a long shot...in any way, shape, or form.....

Exactly how good did the 03 draft look in early 02? The 03 draft is looking better every day ... but I hardly think the 05's are a "long shot" to match up.

Two out of three of Canada's first line at the next WJC's could very well be Crosby and Latendresse, both 05's who should match up well against the 03's.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
Exactly how good did the 03 draft look in early 02? The 03 draft is looking better every day ... but I hardly think the 05's are a "long shot" to match up.

Two out of three of Canada's first line at the next WJC's could very well be Crosby and Latendresse, both 05's who should match up well against the 03's.
Gilbert Brule??

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Crosbyfan said:
Exactly how good did the 03 draft look in early 02?

The 2003 looked like a damn amazing draft, even in early 02.

Some of the players that were hyped way early ended up not turning out as fantastic as expected, however, while others came out strong and rose sharply.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
That is always a possibility at the management level. At the players' level on the ice, this is highly unlikely.

To know which managers are ready to give up, it will take a lot of time. The first order of business for all teams is the next CBA. This is such an enormous key to the respective future of each team that it can't be ignored.

The UFA status might be altered in different ways. The RFA status as well. Entry contracts. Possible salary cap. Everything can change.

Then teams will draft. And everybody will be one year older. There will be training camps, nice surprises.

And then, only then, teams will start building their season's plans, slowly. Do not forget that the development of Crosby throughout next season will also be a factor.

The only good bet to tank every year is Rick Dudley. He lives to lose.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
MePutPuckInNet said:
better than 2004, most definately.....

I don't think it'll be better than 2003 though...not by a long shot...in any way, shape, or form.....

I wouldn't say that now. IMO 2005 looks to be shapping up better than 2003. With Crosby, Latendresse, Brule, Bertram, Anikeenko, Cogliano etc etc I think these players will be more skilled than most of the players in 2003. Plus to to mention I think so far the 1st round looks to have better skilled players and the draft is looking super deep right now. Has the makings to be better than 2003 IMO.

Bure9*

moosefan said:
I wouldn't say that now. IMO 2005 looks to be shapping up better than 2003. With Crosby, Latendresse, Brule, Bertram, Anikeenko, Cogliano etc etc I think these players will be more skilled than most of the players in 2003. Plus to to mention I think so far the 1st round looks to have better skilled players and the draft is looking super deep right now. Has the makings to be better than 2003 IMO.

Is Romy Elayoubi 2005 eligible?

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Yes, I believe so, hey moosefan how has he been of late? I've only heard negative things about Romy recently.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
kruezer said:
Yes, I believe so, hey moosefan how has he been of late? I've only heard negative things about Romy recently.

he is just 16, he does't play like everybody hopes to, but I think that if he bulk up during the summer and if he realize that he has talent but it takes heart to play pro he would probably be drafted if not he won't be drafted.

And yes he is 2005 eligible

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Anfernic said:
he is just 16, he does't play like everybody hopes to, but I think that if he bulk up during the summer and if he realize that he has talent but it takes heart to play pro he would probably be drafted if not he won't be drafted.

And yes he is 2005 eligible

Agreed with everything you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad