How good are the Arizona Coyotes?

Discussion in 'National Hockey League Talk' started by MichaelFarrell, Aug 10, 2019.

1. generalshepherd141

generalshepherd141 Registered User

They were somewhat close to a WC spot with half of their team out with injuries last year. Say what you want about Kessel, but he's a huge get for them. Plus Rick Tocchet proved he is a solid HC last year. I think they are a playoff team in the West (Pacific).

2. Voight

Voight #winning

Should check GM Fancy Stats' spreadsheets for your answer.

3. Hockey4Lyfe

Hockey4Lyfe Registered User

They would of had a solid chance at the playoffs last year if only they would have stayed healthy.

The race for the wildcards was a joke in the West. Give them everyone back and they make it last year.

As for this year, it resides on Kessel I would say. His stat line looks okay from last year but if you ask any Penguins fan, he was a liability on the ice. Does that downward trend continue? Or does he pick his game up in a new setting?

I think they can get a wildcard this year if their goalie situation is alright to good.

4. Bounces R Way

Bounces R Way Feaster's Beasters

Lot of it will rest on Raanta's health. Kessel finally gives them a forward to carry the mail offensively but I don't know that he's all that capable anymore of elevating those around him. Maybe Keller and Schmaltz can take a step. I like their defense :dunno: that forward group is still sub par IMO.

Could see it coming down between them and the Canucks for 4th place in the Pacific this season. Doubt that really means much the way the Central looks.

5. aufheben

aufheben as if

Is this assuming they don’t lose 50,000 man games to injury like last year? Probably WC.

6. Zeke and luther

Zeke and luther Registered User

They're pretty good. Had they been partially healthy last season, they would've made the playoffs instead of the avs, and the avs hype train might not have existed.