how Gardiner played another game for us after game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I’m not a Gardiner supporter at all but why do most people only look at game 7. They had 3 other losses in that series. If the rest of the team stepped up maybe it wouldn’t have gone the distance. Everyone has bad games. Unfortunately his was a game 7.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
50000099_10155796309650741_5107333348989075456_n.jpg

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Same goes for Freddy, I assume?

You can absolutely make a case that you won’t win a cup with Andersen, and that he folds when the chips are down. This is a thread about Gardiner, though. Not Andersen.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I’m not a Gardiner supporter at all but why do most people only look at game 7. They had 3 other losses in that series. If the rest of the team stepped up maybe it wouldn’t have gone the distance. Everyone has bad games. Unfortunately his was a game 7.
To be fair, it was the single worst performance by one Leaf player anyone can recall. It was like Sittler's ten point game, but in reverse.

I will say, for the most part, I've liked Gards this year.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
He was horrid in that game. No one disputes that. Why isn’t more of the blame put on whichever coach gave him so much ice, when it was obvious to everyone he was having a horrible game? Why continually put him out. It’s game seven. Shorten the bench.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
He's one of the worse regular top 4 dmen I've seen in the modern era. I pay attention to him a lot and he looks like a forward playing defense. His positional awareness around the net is so bad, rookies are better than him. The worse part of this is that he has the physical tools now, he's strong and can knock guys off but he gets beat so friggin much. He's slow to rebounds and he doesn't protect the slot. Zaitsev might suck too but Zaitsev isn't that bad defensively, he's more of a victim of playing in a system ill-suited to him because he sucks at long strech passes.

Gardiner's worse flaw though is his play with the puck. For a puck moving dman, he is TERRIBLE at moving the puck. He doesn't rush it up the ice like Rielly, which is fine, not every guy does that. But the number of times he ices the puck or makes a bad pass in the neutral zone is inexcusable and should get most players demoted to the AHL. Especially those idiotic diagonal passes he makes, my word are they bad. Last night you saw how bad he was at making simple short passes within his own zone because the Bruins forecheck but even in games where we win and play well, he'll make multiple bad passes through the neutral zone and ice the puck or make a pass that the forward has no chance at handling.

He sucked the whole series game 7 was just an amplification.

Mar 14, 2011
He was horrid in that game. No one disputes that. Why isn’t more of the blame put on whichever coach gave him so much ice, when it was obvious to everyone he was having a horrible game? Why continually put him out. It’s game seven. Shorten the bench.
To be fair, the Rielly pairing were also getting overwhelmed by the Bergeron line for the most part of the playoffs.

Reactions: CelticDruid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad