Speculation: How far will the Avalanche go this season?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Battle the wild and stars for third all season. Probably end up 4th, beat the Blues in round one before a tightly contested and enthrall ing 6 or 7 game series loss to Chicago.

Kinda feeling Dallas as the third seed but getting skanked by the hawks in round one. With the wild dropping to the second WC spot but almost winning the pacific before the kings come back in game 7 to secure another Hawks-Kings WCF.

Last edited:

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
1st round exit. Just can't imagine beating the Blues or the Hawks in a playoff series, the Wild is doable along with the Stars but it's less likely we get a matchup with one of those teams.

member 116861

3rd in the division with a 25% chance of going to the 2nd round. Even though we added so much toughness and grit! and leadership!

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I don't think they'll win the cup but will win a playoff series.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
They'll run into Blackhawks or Blues and aren't going to beat them this year. Perhaps next.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
With the Stuart signing, Avs are prime contenders for the next two years. Now is the time.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
finish 2nd in central and beat blues in 1st round then hawks in 2nd but lose to ducks in 3rd

I think that would disappoint me more than my scenario. If we get past the hawks, avoid the kings and stumble then I might genuinely be a little let down. Doubt we can get past on the West's two rulers, but if we got past them this year, ugh would that be a disappointing missed opportunity, cause to get past the hawks we're going to need a lot of crucial growth, say MacK becoming a good two way guy by seasons end while cracking 30 goals, EJ, Barrie and the remaining big three forwards taking one more step, Varly doing what he do, Holden-Redmond surpassing even my high expectations, and Siemens breaking into the team with aplomb. And if we have all of that go right for us while the kings slip up, I would be a little bummed to loss to the ducks or an eastern team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I love how everyone's been complaining the last few days about everything but when it comes to predictions it's all optimism.

I honestly believe this team is better but I think they'll be tested with a lot more adversity this season. I think top 10-15 pick on one hand. They have too much talent and some decent leadership finally but it's a process. On the other hand, there are going to be teams with adversity too and I think a lot of decent teams are going to curiously fold up shop if things aren't looking good. I don't want to say this team will fight for a wild card and split the difference, I think they'll be firmly in or out depending how injuries go. Do I really want to predict injuries? That's what it comes down to for me. MacKinnon and Varly were healthy for every game last year and the likelihood of that happening again is nil.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Avs will play at least 82 games in a season and depending on standings they may play more games in the playoffs

OldSchoolAvalanche*

Tough division, I'd love to be wrong, I just still think we have some major questions to be answered.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'd have more faith if we finished in the wildspot spot and played ANA or SJ. If we play STL or CHI, most likely a 1st round exit.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I'm very optimistic this season. They won't have a start as great as last year but they will be a good team and will battle for the division title again. Playoffs are difficult to predict but I think they have what it takes to make a good, deep run.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If we get into the playoffs anything can happen from there. We need to get in though. I think we still match up well against Chicago but St. Louis can beat the Avs around. Though I think Chicago has the upper hand on St. Louis. It's a violent circle.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I am honestly not sure how this season will go. I think the loss of Stastny will prove to be much bigger than we realize and aside from that it could really go any way. We have talent but we are still young.

I could see anything from missing the playoffs just barely to making a run for the division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad