How excited are you about the upcoming season?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I mostly wanna see the young guys get a shot and our defensemen growth.... For some reason I am not looking forward to this season as much as others though... Maybe it's the Carlyle effect

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Currently very excited but its more and more starting to look like a "follow prospects to make it interesting" kind of year but that just might be a side affect of ducks offseasons.

Seriously though im very excited to see how the ahl rookies from '15 and '16 do in san diego

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
It's Ducks hockey, so that will be good. But in reality it is just going to be an extension of this last season. The vast majority of the team will be the same players, the coach will still be the same coach, and the system, despite what BM says, will still be the same system. Maybe the 2019/20 year will bring more changes that will get me more fired up.

I was hoping to at least see some younger players brought up from San Diego to play, but given the signings that BM just made it is likely that the lower lines will be filled from those players and with all but perhaps one of the younger players left in San Diego to "gain experience".

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
All these signings really tell me is Murray doesn't have much faith in any of the prospects making the leap full time out of the gate. Maybe things change from training came and preseason, but I don't expect any of them to make the jump full time.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Am I seriously considering throwing $300.00 down the drain? Not very seriously, but I wish I could.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don’t expect the team to be any good, I actually think we’ll finish 5th in the pacific personally...having said that, I always get excited about Ducks hockey

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I'm pretty excited. Especially to see if Troy Terry can be a solid player, if Sam Steel will make the team, who of our prospects will break in.

All these signings really tell me is Murray doesn't have much faith in any of the prospects making the leap full time out of the gate. Maybe things change from training came and preseason, but I don't expect any of them to make the jump full time.

They will make the team if they are good enough. If they are not, they will get their time in San Diego.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I’m excited to see the potential progression of Lindholm and Montour on the backend and Kase up front. I’m not really excited about our teams chances and there are no prospects that I expect will make a massive impact. Our playing style under RC has been pretty bland too.

I love hockey so I’m excited to see us back but compared to other seasons I would be at about a 3/10.

Reactions: Doothpick

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Starting to get excited about the Ducks again, as there are a few interesting potential storylines (most of which have been motioned already). That said, I don't have much excitement about our success next year, especially under Randy.

Reactions: Doothpick

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Meh. Ask again closer to the season, maybe we see more changes before then. Our center situation and outdated coach is really putting a damper on things.

Reactions: Duck Off

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Good
- Kase/Rakell continuing to explode offensively
- Larsson/Montour hopefully taking the next steps in their development
- potential for young guys like kossila/steel/terry/jones etc to get their chance at the nhl level]
- No bieska
- I really want to believe this is the year Ritchie comes out and starts to become the player we hoped for

The Bad
- Hoping perry turns back the clock a couple year
- RC talking about the game changing, but never actually changing his coaching style to fit the changes
- Playing useless plugs on 3rd and 4th line when we could get actual scoring threats/skill down there

Story lines
How long is RCs leash?
If the team has another showing like last year, is it time to move on from BM?
Team needs to get faster/more skilled do we see some sort of trade/plan to accomplish these goals?
If perry starts off slow, do we move on from him?

Idk I love hockey in general, and even if the ducks arnt good ill still watch and be pissed off with the decisions and play of the team.

Id say
Ducks 7/10 because Im excited about the potential of some of the young guys
NHL 10/10 because damnit I love hockey.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
One could argue that every team in the Pacific division except Anaheim has improved themselves going into next season. The Ducks could be part of that group if Kesler and Eaves return to 100% health and Perry/Ritchie perform as everyone hopes. Unfortunately, the likelihood of those things happening is pretty low. I think we'll be watching the draft ranking much more closely starting in January...especially those in the top 15.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
One could argue that every team in the Pacific division except Anaheim has improved themselves going into next season. The Ducks could be part of that group if Kesler and Eaves return to 100% health and Perry/Ritchie perform as everyone hopes. Unfortunately, the likelihood of those things happening is pretty low. I think we'll be watching the draft ranking much more closely starting in January...especially those in the top 15.
I disagree...
I think at the very least the team will be better than last year, now a lot of teams are better in the pacific.. but we still have the deepest defense/best goalie tandem

- No way we have the same injury bugs as we had last year
- Kase/Rakell/Ritchie all should continue getting better
- No more kevin "*******" bieska in the line up(chance for Larsson/pettersson/welinski which are much better options)

- I think perry will trend up a little from last year(not expecting mvp season but 20/50 would be nice)
- Not to mention we have some interesting pieces in Steel/terry/jones/kossila that could really boost the team with their skillsets if they get looks

Obviously the health of kesler/eaves is a concern but we honestly played without both of them last year and made the playoffs with a ton more injuries to boot.

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

I don't see how right now you can argue San Jose and Vegas are any better and Vancouver is unarguably much worse(although they're not in the mix). Add in that LA is trending downwards, Edmonton upgraded maybe as much as we did and Phoenix didn't do all that much, not sure this argument holds water. Really the only team I'd say is noticeably a lot better is Calgary, who still have issues(but every team does).

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
I don't see how right now you can argue San Jose and Vegas are any better and Vancouver is unarguably much worse(although they're not in the mix). Add in that LA is trending downwards, Edmonton upgraded maybe as much as we did and Phoenix didn't do all that much, not sure this argument holds water. Really the only team I'd say is noticeably a lot better is Calgary, who still have issues(but every team does).

Arizona I think will surprise many. They were one of the better teams in the league over the second half of last season, and they have a bunch of young players who seem poised to take the next step, plus they brought in Galchenyuk and Grabner who I think are pretty good additions. If Raanta stays healthy (big if) I could see them fighting for a playoff spot this season.

Otherwise I pretty much agree with the rest of what you said.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Excited for the season overall, but not as excited for the Ducks' season specifically.

I've got an itch that needs to be scratched and it can only be scratched with the sounds of skates, pucks and sticks.

Reactions: dracom
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Arizona I think will surprise many. They were one of the better teams in the league over the second half of last season, and they have a bunch of young players who seem poised to take the next step, plus they brought in Galchenyuk and Grabner who I think are pretty good additions. If Raanta stays healthy (big if) I could see them fighting for a playoff spot this season.

Otherwise I pretty much agree with the rest of what you said.

I'm still bullish on Arizona. Maybe it's because we did this exact same song and dance last year, and that's kind of unfair to them, but for an offense as bad as theirs is, I don't think they did enough. Galchenyuk is nice and Grabner might go back to scoring goals, but they need a lot of work. All of their young guys need to take steps forward if they want to compete.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'm not at all excited about next year. But as I've said before, it's all about expectations. My expectations for the team are pretty low until new management is brought in. We do have a lot of good young prospects so I'm hoping to see some surprises on the positive side. I'm hoping to see Hampus, Ricky, Brandon, Ondrej, and Gibby hopefully take another step forward. I'll re-up my NHL.tv, but very unenthusiastically so.

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
I’m more so excited for hockey to be back more than anything. Even though I expect the Ducks to regress from last year I’ll still be watching as many games of theres as I can.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Not even remotely. RC has sucked dry any expectations I had of watching an entertaining product on the ice. 82 games of “can the goalies hold on long enough for us to fluke out a win or OTL” just doesn’t do it for me, and BM lying to the face of season ticket holders about pretending to have the ability/desire to change anything doesn’t do anything but add to that feeling of ennui.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad