How does the 2018-2019 season end for the St. Louis Blues?

How does this season end?

• Abysmally, with the playoffs having been an afterthought since prior to the trade deadline.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Lose in Western Conference Finals to The Sharks. They have too much firepower, and better goaltending. It would take Allen or Husso stealing a couple of games for The Blues to win a series against them, when they will likely have home ice advantage. I don't think Allen will implode enough, AND, at the same time, Husso will have a magical rise to NHL stardom this season.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
tenor.gif

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
The blues dispatch Nashville, Winnipeg, San Jose and Tampa to take home the trophy for the first time in team history! Go Blues!

BlueDuck

Sep 24, 2018
Loss in WCF - it all comes down to the goaltending and I don't think Allen has the mental ability or Husso has the experience(yet) to go all the way this year. Hope I'm wrong :naughty:

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Curiously asking. What cup winning difference do you see next year?

Well I picked that year out of Random back in 2016. But now I actually like it.

For starters, our rookies this year will be in their year 2, Dunn in year 3 and this gives you a better idea of what to expect. Multiple veterans will be gone after this season. You will have a definite answer with Allen. Both AP and Dunn will be a contract year. But the biggest key to me is in September 2019 is the first time owners or players can vote to opt out of the current CBA. Thus putting the 20/21 season is possible jeopardy. The 20/21 season will be the final year for Schwartz, and Schenn current contract. Plus bith are represented by the same agency. So if owners or players vote to end the CBA, it would be who of them to treat to 19/20 as their contract year. A lockout in 20/21 is also gonna hurt Steen which like so many will be in his final year during the potential lockout season.

There you go. My reason the cup will be going down Market street in June 2020.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
If we trade for a better goalie at the deadline or Husso becomes our Matt Murray: Stanley Cup Final

If we roll with Allen into the playoffs: Lose in 2nd round

Armstrong has done a hell of a job building up the forward depth over the past 16 months. The studs on defense are there although the depth falls off in a hurry after the top 4 unless one of Schmaltz, Mikkola, or Walman steps up at some point this year.

Overall, this is the most excited I've been about a Blues team outside of goal in a loooong time. I was very excited about the Backes, Oshie, etc teams but now I see where those teams were lacking. We have fixed those issues up front with Schenn and O'Reilly. I don't see a flaw up front or in our top 4 on defense,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad