RDS: How do you watch your Habs game streaming?

bibitte

Mar 5, 2013
Hello to all. I am currently watching my Habs games on RDS with Bell. With RDS and all the other family channels, it's costing me a small fortune every month. I am thinking about cutting off Bell and go streaming (with Netflix and Hulu). As for my hockey fix, the only thing I found was NHL GameCenter. Anybody uses it? I am tempted but their "Watch Live Out-of-Market Games..." threw me off. Does it mean you can only watch Columbus games? :) All I want is watch my Canadiens game!

Thanks.

Jack

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I live abroad at the moment and I thought NHL Gamecentre live would be the cure to my ails. Nope, they deceived me even and refused to answer my emails so I demanded a refund. I'm a huge fan of hockeystreams.com and a paying customer.

BobLoblaw

Dec 10, 2005
hockeystreams.com is incredible. Superb quality. If you have AppleTV you can even have it play on your normal LCD/plasma/LED. You can't tell the difference between that and cable.

bibitte

Mar 5, 2013
Thanks for the links. I'll try them out before taking the full plunge. Yes. I am planning to buy an Apple TV if all my needs are met. But are these links (particularly hockey streams looks interesting)...<ahem>...legit.? :) Their websites look amateurish if I can say so.

Jack

belko

Mar 13, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
I live abroad at the moment and I thought NHL Gamecentre live would be the cure to my ails. Nope, they deceived me even and refused to answer my emails so I demanded a refund. I'm a huge fan of hockeystreams.com and a paying customer.

Gamecentre is truly awful. I tried them out a couple years ago on their "monthly" plan, which they will not let you cancel if you don't like it. I eventually had to cancel the card they had as a payment form in order to make them stop charging me. This despite many emails, heated phone conversations and threats both ways. Wildly unprofessional.

Still haven't found anything as good as the old RDS Zone de Match, as the quality of the other streams is fine for your PC but unsuitable for display in HD on any TV of real size. I hope RDS brings it back at some point.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Aw yeah? Didn't know you liked your experience enough to switch.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thanks for the links. I'll try them out before taking the full plunge. Yes. I am planning to buy an Apple TV if all my needs are met. But are these links (particularly hockey streams looks interesting)...<ahem>...legit.? :) Their websites look amateurish if I can say so.

Jack

Free streams are never truly legit. Most of them use loopholes or lack of interest by government to get away with it. Paying streams are usually legit.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Hockeystreams is not really legit, depending on how you want to play the semantics.

I couldn't care less. The less money I give to the NHL, the better.

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
http://www6.hockeystreams.com/

You can't go wrong with that.

You get every single NHL game in HD, with the option of choosing the commentary so let's say the Canadiens are facing the Rangers on a Saturday night, you can choose to watch the game on RDS, CBC or MSG (with the Rangers commentator).

The picture quality is awesome, and you can watch a preview on the website.

Of course, you need to pay for this but it's not as expensive as GCL.

But most of all, there are no blackout restrictions.

Plus you also get CHL games, some European leagues and international play such as the Juniors and WCs.

Habtchum*

Hello to all. I am currently watching my Habs games on RDS with Bell. With RDS and all the other family channels, it's costing me a small fortune every month. I am thinking about cutting off Bell and go streaming (with Netflix and Hulu). As for my hockey fix, the only thing I found was NHL GameCenter. Anybody uses it? I am tempted but their "Watch Live Out-of-Market Games..." threw me off. Does it mean you can only watch Columbus games? :) All I want is watch my Canadiens game!

Thanks.

Jack

You can try FirstRow, too. http://www.firstrow1.eu/

They are broadcasting all kinds of sports. Just select the hockey puck. Unfortunately you will have to go through many, many ads and click the "Xs" to get rid of them. The quality is far from being HD, but you can watch the game full frame on your computer.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Between FromSport, First Row, and ATDee, I rarely find myself unable to find a feed for the games I want to watch. Love that they have KHL games on there, too, as it's really interesting to see the difference in play. Also love that a lot of the feeds seem to be bouncing through Sweden, etc, which means we often get to see/hear the awkward exchanges between the commentators and the production booth while it's supposed to be in commercial, lol. Still don't know how that works, but it's often hilarious.

Habtchum*

Between FromSport, First Row, and ATDee, I rarely find myself unable to find a feed for the games I want to watch. Love that they have KHL games on there, too, as it's really interesting to see the difference in play. Also love that a lot of the feeds seem to be bouncing through Sweden, etc, which means we often get to see/hear the awkward exchanges between the commentators and the production booth while it's supposed to be in commercial, lol. Still don't know how that works, but it's often hilarious.

You have to do lots of clicking around. It may also depends of the configuration of your computer, or mobile device.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I have Gamecenter and the unblock-us thing. Works great. Only problem is that you can never watch it on RDS. Feed is always from the other team or TSN Habs or something like that. But it's been great when I've been in Toronto and Boston. Haven't missed a game this year.

nodice

Registered Lurker
Feb 3, 2009
Vancouver
http://www6.hockeystreams.com/

You can't go wrong with that.

You get every single NHL game in HD, with the option of choosing the commentary so let's say the Canadiens are facing the Rangers on a Saturday night, you can choose to watch the game on RDS, CBC or MSG (with the Rangers commentator).

The picture quality is awesome, and you can watch a preview on the website.

Of course, you need to pay for this but it's not as expensive as GCL.

But most of all, there are no blackout restrictions.

Plus you also get CHL games, some European leagues and international play such as the Juniors and WCs.

wow, you should be getting paid a referral fee with that glowing revue. i have been thinking i would like to invest in a streaming service and this looks wayyy better than game center. sigh, poverty. maybe next year...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad