How do you truly feel about this team's near future in 19/20?

How do you truly feel about this team's near future?

• Next year won't be much different than this year

• Cautiously optimistic, depending on FA & Prospect outcomes

• Confident that we will be a playoff team next year

• We could make a cup run next year

• Screw this poll, we're going to make a run this year.

Results are only viewable after voting.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
I’d like to see them give tanner laczynski a real shot at the 4C spot. Vorobyev’s lack of skating ability is worrying me.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Patrick will be the 2C, he's already picking up his game, he'll be in his 3rd season and his second healthy offseason.
The hole will be Simmonds' replacement, and Laughton really needs to be back on the 4th line.

A number of alternatives:

Giroux - Couts - Voracek/TK
Lindblom - Patrick - TK/Voracek
JVR - Frost - ???

or

JVR - Couts - Giroux
Lindblom - Patrick - TK/Voracek
??? - Frost - Voracek/TK

Two physical two way centers and a fast two way center anchoring the top three lines.
That makes it easier to move forwards around.

Pretty funny that you think Patrick should be the 2C and Laughton should be be on the 4th line when Laughton has outplayed Patrick this entire season.

There’s no reason Patrick or Laughton can’t be the 4c if Rubtsov isn’t ready to win the job in TC.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Pretty funny that you think Patrick should be the 2C and Laughton should be be on the 4th line when Laughton has outplayed Patrick this entire season.

There’s no reason Patrick or Laughton can’t be the 4c if Rubtsov isn’t ready to win the job in TC.

Regardless of who has played better or not this season, long-term I'm going to put Patrick above Laughton.

At age 20, I'm assuming there is room for growth.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
I think moving forward, they are much closer to the team that’s won 7 straight then they are to the team we saw in the first half of the season.

Improved special teams and goaltending alone probably get them into the playoffs. Add to that Patrick, Linblom, and Sanheim playing well in increased roles, less garbage in the bottom six, bounce back years from Ghost and Provo, and the high probability that they will sign or trade for at least one impact plyer this offseason, I’d actually be surprised if they’re not a top 3 team in the division next year

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Cautiously optimistic. The coaching is going to matter in the outcome as well.

Some guys who are here now have to take jumps in consistency.

I never count on a prospect like Frost to do anything in yr1.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Huh?
Patrick 1.63 pp/60, CF 48.25, CFrel -2.34, xGF 53.46, xGFrel +3.50
Laughton 1.44 pp/60, CF 47.17, CFrel -3.89, xGF 53.53, xGFrel +3.48

Patrick has played center, while Laughton has been a LW for half the season.
And those are respectable numbers for Patrick, especially given the shuffling of forwards this year.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

The Scott Laughton propaganda machine will never die. Nolan Patrick is now being relegated to 4C so Laughton, a bottom end LW, can play C. Are the Laughton cult meetings held at Striiker's nursery school?

[mod: Don't evade filter]

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I think they can contend next season if:

They get the right coach.
A key Trade/FA acquisition or two
Bounce back years from 9 and 53
Breakout year from 19 and/or 11
Impact play from rookies Frost/Myers
Consistency in goal

Lots of ifs but not totally unreasonable. Next year could be a lot like 07-08.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Huh?
Patrick 1.63 pp/60, CF 48.25, CFrel -2.34, xGF 53.46, xGFrel +3.50
Laughton 1.44 pp/60, CF 47.17, CFrel -3.89, xGF 53.53, xGFrel +3.48

Patrick has played center, while Laughton has been a LW for half the season.
And those are respectable numbers for Patrick, especially given the shuffling of forwards this year.

Patrick’s had far easier minutes with better linemates. He has 82.5 PP minutes while Laughton has 8.5; Laughton has 135 SH mins to Patrick’s 3. Despite this Laughton has more special teams points (1-0). Laughton’s also had some of the toughest zone assignments in the league (63.6% DZS).

In any event, there’s nothing in these numbers that suggest one should be a 2C while the other is fourth-line player.

Reactions: Starat327

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

There's no way in hell they will play Patrick on the 4th line. You're not being even slightly realistic.

Reactions: magnumpi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad