May 20, 2013
A goalie that is becoming surprisingly better as he plays more in the NHL

The problem is if it’s sustainable.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
The problem is if it’s sustainable.

That's the big question. He's obviously found a happy place right now that he's able to perform at his highest level but that said not too long ago i didn't think Kinkaid was anything special, basically your typical backup goaltender.

His recent play has given me a reason to say he's above average backup but to call him a starter i have to see him play more. It's completely possible Schneider comes in and outplays him this season and they return to norm, just like what happened in the playoffs.

Calendar year for a goalie can be a small sample size.

As far as the poll options, to me below average starter/tandem goalie and above average backup is basically the same thing, so the voting so far reflects my thoughts.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd call him a solid 1b, or an "elite backup" if i'm allowed to label him with somewhat of an oxymoron. He's really come on the last few years, and he's proven he can handle a starter workload for some pretty long stretches. But i still wouldn't feel all that comfortable going into a season with him as my clear cut, 60game starter without a really solid tandem guy behind him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
A guy who better keep it up until Quick gets healthy or my fantasy team is going to be hurting big time.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
has good stopping ability. rarely see him flub shots even from the slot. He's f***ing awful side-to-side though. Often caught over-committing and susceptible to 2nd+3rd chances

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I mean, if you wanted Anderson and a 2nd I couldn’t get him over here quicker

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
A tandem goalie on a contract year. He'll be 30 next summer and this is his only chance of making true bank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad