How do you like to agitate people?

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Just open my mouth and let them have an earful, don't really have any 'go to' lines, but i just sort of spit it out as I see fit.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Or the usual cross check to the back if your gonna try to park your ass in the crease. Everyone knows the area, just above the pants and just below the shoulder pads...Yup.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I do my best on and off the ice to win games. I've found that is the best way not only to agitate a player but send a whole team of grown men home grumpy.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
In beer leagues, I've found the best way to agitate the other team, is by skating around them. Seriously. There is nothing beer leaguers hate more than being smoked continuously. I draw a good 2-3 penalties a game just by making guys pull me down to stop me. A good shoulder dip and then a burst to the outside will get most beer leaguers to trip or hook you. Cutting through the middle of the offensive zone with the puck at full speed usually draws some penalties too. I typically follow up their penalty with a playful little "man you're slow" comment. That sometimes even gets our team another PP later in the game, because that guy is now trying to prove himself against me.

All in all though, the absolutely best agitator is blowing out a team, when you have 6-8 skaters. MAN do people get pissed when they get slaughtered by a team with a short bench. The usual agitation tactics when you're playing beer league are just lame. Let your game do the agitating and the talking out there.

Badger36

Jan 4, 2010
Columbus, OH
I prefer to be respectful and let my game do the talking. I actually like it when people try to agitate me because that means that they think their game isnt good enough to beat me, so they feel that they need to talk trash in an attempt to get me off my game.

XweekendwarriorX

Jul 19, 2007
Buffalo,NY
I love to just stand in front of the net and knock guys sticks out of there hands. both on offense or defense. i cant stand when guys cross check me down standing in front of the net be a man and push me out.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
My favourite thing in the world is hacking some beer league agitator's $200 stick in half. They get so agitated.

KareyPrice

Jun 7, 2010
im an ******* on the ice too really get a team going i did a pk subban bow and arrow to a teams bench when we were up 5-2 with under 2 mins left in the game i like to say homosexual things to get them to feel wierd (not homofobic) those....and i love to chirp kids on the ice .....

FiveAndAGame

Jul 15, 2010
Long Island, NY
My favourite thing in the world is hacking some beer league agitator's $200 stick in half. They get so agitated.

It's funny how people react when you hit their stick... I had a guy show up to open hockey with an Easton S19(when they first game out)and he freaked out when I lifted his stick... Really? Why drive a Bentley into a demolition derby when you KNOW it's gonna take some damage?

I also enjoy complimenting and telling jokes to the oppositions goalie. I don't know about you guys, but in my experience, it works better than insults/normal chirps. Most goalies I've played with/against get more focused after people start talking trash. But, if you give him some compliments, it catches them off-guard and (hopefully) messes with their focus a little. If not, you gave the other team a funny story to go home with.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It's funny how people react when you hit their stick... I had a guy show up to open hockey with an Easton S19(when they first game out)and he freaked out when I lifted his stick... Really? Why drive a Bentley into a demolition derby when you KNOW it's gonna take some damage?

I also enjoy complimenting and telling jokes to the oppositions goalie. I don't know about you guys, but in my experience, it works better than insults/normal chirps. Most goalies I've played with/against get more focused after people start talking trash. But, if you give him some compliments, it catches them off-guard and (hopefully) messes with their focus a little. If not, you gave the other team a funny story to go home with.

When I get a really cocky goalie, everytime I'm on the ice and we score on him I stand right in front of his net, celebrate with my teammates and stare him down and go "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAH" or "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

It got one goalie so pissed of that he came out of his net at me with his stick above his head, ready to two-hand me.

Last edited:

FiveAndAGame

Jul 15, 2010
Long Island, NY
When I get a really cocky goalie, everytime I'm on the ice and we score on him I stand right in front of his net, celebrate with my teammates and stare him down and go "YEEEEEEEAAAAAAH" or "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

It got one goalie so pissed of that he came out of his net at me with his stick above his head, ready to two-hand me.

I can't say I've ever played against a cocky goalie, but I would DEFINITELY rub every single goal in his face(assuming we were winning or the game was close).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad