How do you fix the Wings?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Raymond playing now and of course his center was taken by Hurricanes and we skipped him 3 times in the second last draft

Last edited:

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Also They should get Copp, so good defensively

I wish. But it would need to be someone with his cap hit or more to go the other way... which really is only Copp, JT, or Cat. So something like:

To Toronto: Berg + Copp/JT/Cat + 2nd (if Copp or JT is involved)
To Detroit: Marner + another contract

Ideally I would want Marner & Knies. Knies seems like he is gonna develop into a decently skilled power forward, something Wings are sorely lacking in.

To Detroit: Marner + Knies + 2nd
To Toronto: 1st + Berg + Ras + Copp/JT/Cat + maybe something else?

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Did another armchair gm, I'm bored of the offseason already.

1714926987163.png

1714926991643.png

1714926997264.png

Danielson and Kasper compete for the 3C spot in camp. I think Fabbri and Perron would be decent linemates to bring a young center up to speed. Fabbri has athletic ability and Perron has smarts. If you can't get Kane back you've got an extra $1.489mil to bring in someone else like Toffoli, Tarasenko, or Teravainen. If you go cheaper in net than Broissoit and cheaper on D than Walker maybe you could get Marchessault or Guentzel.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I'd rather trade for Marner than pay Sam Reinhart a figure for 7 years that is based off of his 2023-24 season when the player he truly is should be something based on his 2022-23 numbers (which was basically the same season he's had for 4 of the past 6 years). 21-22 was a weird year where almost everyone on Florida (except Montour and Verhaeghe) had unrealistic, inflated career offensive seasons. Regardless of any debate you wanna have about that, the point is he's going to get like 10+ million dollars a year and he's nowhere near even remotely worth that.

It's legitimately probably a difference of 3 million dollars per year, and there will be teams dumb enough to do it, so pass. His contract will be the absolute worst in the league within two and a half years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
One other point about Marner that gets overlooked. Despite all of the fluffy Toronto media hot takes about his intangibles, the selective outrage by their fans over nitpicked plays, his tendency to "disappear in the playoffs", etc, his last SIX seasons offensively have all been pretty much exactly the same (1.15ish points per game), regardless of whether he's played on Matthews' line or not. He's a consistently elite 1st line forward season to season. I can live with "disappears in the playoffs" when we haven't been to the playoffs since the fall of f***ing Constantinope.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
One other point about Marner that gets overlooked. Despite all of the fluffy Toronto media hot takes about his intangibles, the selective outrage by their fans over nitpicked plays, his tendency to "disappear in the playoffs", etc, his last SIX seasons offensively have all been pretty much exactly the same (1.15ish points per game), regardless of whether he's played on Matthews' line or not. He's a consistently elite 1st line forward season to season. I can live with "disappears in the playoffs" when we haven't been to the playoffs since the fall of f***ing Constantinope.
I agree, tbh. Leafs fans are notorious for singling out one guy. 90 point guys don't grow on trees.

Datsyuk "disappeared in the playoffs" before he didn't.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yeah

Still better then let's just add junk from FA or I expect everyone of our draft picks to become stars
And nobody thought Eichel was worth the risk. Except that it turns out he was.

And nobody expected Florida to land Tkachuk in a blockbuster. But it happened.

Not likely <> don't pursue it.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
That hasn't stopped most trades and he might feel like a change is needed.
Hes a local kid playing for his fav team. I'm sure he'll want a chance to be lovee by the fans again

Only way I see Him going is if hes harrassed constantly

Last thing we need is to add another 6 foot softie on the top 6. We already have smurfie alex and raymond plays big but hes not a big body

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad