How do you feel now about the this NHL season (not performance-based)

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
This thread has nothing to do regarding the team's performance or record and same for the players.

I want to know your thoughts on how this season is going based on all the changes/factors due to COVID.

To start I will say I am glad there is hockey during these times. But there are certain elements that as the season has progressed, have made me a bit bored/tired of this season. As short as this season has been, I'm actually feeling some hockey fatigue from it. I'll explain.

1. The North Division

I know a lot of people were split on whether or not they liked this concept and playing these teams so often, especially the Western teams we don't play all that much. I had a feeling I'd grow tired of it and I must say, after Game 4 or 5 against each, I realized I missed playing Arizona on a Tuesday night. Honestly. I also feel like I don't have a great pulse on the rest of the league, and most of that is on me for not diving deeper. But it is also tough when what they do has little bearing on our team. I'm excited to play every team once again. In normal times, I disliked when there was more than one night between games. But now I find myself feeling like they play too much which I never thought I'd say. I need some breaks between the games!

2. COVID Factors

Obviously, the health and safety of the players and staff and their families is first and foremost. But in terms of affecting the season, it has become a bit tiresome. Outbreaks among teams, postponements, quarantining at the boarder, the flat cap. It has all added elements to this season. And it is great we can still have hockey. But it just feels like each day there is something new kind of hurting the momentum of the season or a team's ability to function as per normal. Tie that in with expansion (which would have been unavoidable, but in combination with COVID, it just causes a bigger mess).

I also miss the crowds. Yes I have become used to seeing the empty rink and the pumped in noise. But going back and watching old highlights makes you really miss the crowds in a big game.

So I realized this has sounded more pouty than I would have wanted. We are fortunate to have hockey at this time, and obviously wish things could be normal, not just with the NHL, but in all facets of life.

I'm just wondering how you all feel at this point. I'm glad we have hockey, but also feel some fatigue from it. I just want the playoffs to start, but really just want a normal post-expansion season!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad