Proposal: How do we rebuild?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Say he does net 20 which I doubt but if he does then the bruins will keep for the playoffs I gather and really I think he would be a liability and once in the playoffs too late to experiment with others imo. I much rather go with an established rwinger with the ability and a strong bruins brass intention to continue in the playoffs from not to late into the regular season.
I personally really have no excitement at all to see Perry in a bruins uniform.

As far as senyshyn he hasn't shown anything great in the AHL so I'm confused why his coming to the NHL as a regular would be positively anticipated.

Bjork has shown glimpses of his talent before being sent to the AHL . He then got hurt and I think is still injured. . Hard to really say if he will pan out but I think we can safely say he is not a can't miss where we'd be overly excited

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
He'd be interesting, but it needs to be for the right price (no overpayments like I've seen mentioned) and he would need to earn a spot in the Top 9 (never mind 2nd line RW).

I certainly would take a shot
At puljujarvi. Big kid with good talent . I saw him in the preseason vs the Canucks and he was the best player for the oilers but that's preseason.
If we can get him without giving too much sure why not

nycpunk1

Jan 9, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I think the Garden construction is more of a renovation than a "rebuild" at this point, but sure, I'm looking forward to see what it looks .... oh wait ... you mean rebuild the TEAM ... absolutely not.

OK, taking this slightly more seriously, I hate to lose pretty much anyone, but I think they need to be able to consistently put 6 D on the ice that are a little more balanced between size and offensive threat. I also want Chara to be able to drop down to second pairing minutes. Perfect world, we grab a #1 D man with size. Not sure how that would work, aside from another team's GM having a stroke.

I also wonder how much 2019 predicts 2020. If our problem in 2019 was size on D, what about Miller? Will the younger guys put on some weight and throw it around a bit more? Will they be more comfortable with the physicality of playoff hockey now that they've had literally an entire playoff's experience? Sometimes an offseason and time is as good a fix for problems as a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad